magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

16 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Gotta love barter system. He runs the Swip Swap NBA group on Facebook

okay WHO down voted this? please explain yourself!

2 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

okay WHO down voted this? please explain yourself!

Don't know who is voting you down all the time, but I up-voted to offset them. Obviously someone just being a jerk! Apparently they down-voted me previously for saying I up-vote to offset them, too. :-(

18 minutes ago, jjgator said:

Does DeRozan realize being traded is part of being in the NBA? He's still whining about it.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24184139/demar-derozan-dishes-trade-toronto-raptors-san-antonio-spurs-nba

Not sure how much is whining, and how much is responding to the question. Again, I can see both sides; why talk to a guy about the up-coming year and what he needs to do if you know you are in serious discussions to trade him; but at the same time, you don't want to give out too much info before a deal is finalized.

He seems to feel that the loyalty that he showed Toronto in the past (re-upped in 2016 w/o talking to anyone else and took less than the max) should have earned him a little more consideration, and notification. His biggest beef doesn't actually seem to be the trade itself, but the fact he was led to believe he wouldn't be traded; that he was misled/blindsided. I think there must be some validity to his story about the discussions prior to the trade, otherwise I don't see the Toronto GM offering the public apology that he did. Regardless, I think he showed a lot of class when he was in Toronto, and I wish him the best in San Antonio (except against the Magic, of course). 

• Upvote 1

This down voting is getting out of hand. Just dont pay to much attention to it. I try to stay away from it. 

I expect a down vote for this statement. Lol. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Don't know who is voting you down all the time, but I up-voted to offset them. Obviously someone just being a jerk! Apparently they down-voted me previously for saying I up-vote to offset them, too. :-(

THIS is the NBA off season, Truebluenation Clue

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I sometimes down vote posts that ask people to stop down voting. That about it though. 

?4thewin in the off season thread with the downvote

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

This down voting is getting out of hand. Just dont pay to much attention to it. I try to stay away from it. 

I expect a down vote for this statement. Lol. 

bwah hahahaaa

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

Not sure how much is whining, and how much is responding to the question. Again, I can see both sides; why talk to a guy about the up-coming year and what he needs to do if you know you are in serious discussions to trade him; but at the same time, you don't want to give out too much info before a deal is finalized.

He seems to feel that the loyalty that he showed Toronto in the past (re-upped in 2016 w/o talking to anyone else and took less than the max) should have earned him a little more consideration, and notification. His biggest beef doesn't actually seem to be the trade itself, but the fact he was led to believe he wouldn't be traded; that he was misled/blindsided. I think there must be some validity to his story about the discussions prior to the trade, otherwise I don't see the Toronto GM offering the public apology that he did. Regardless, I think he showed a lot of class when he was in Toronto, and I wish him the best in San Antonio (except against the Magic, of course). 

That's true, athletes are asked pretty much every question in the book these days. I'm just saying when someone is traded or when they decide to sign elsewhere it's mainly just business. I guess people can think it's a good story when there is mutual loyalty between a player and a franchise, but when it comes down to it, it's business. I'm sure he loved Toronto and the franchise/fans, but they were big time playoff chokers and regular season winners.  Something needed to be done. Being part of the NBA means you need to be prepared to pack your bags.