magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

That's a really terrible trade for us. Like the worst trade I've seen this year.

We trade our expirings for worse players? And don't get good picks?

Just horrible

It might be the best we get for vuch and Ross. 

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Cutting vucevic is better than this trade. 

I don’t understand why this^ hasn’t been done yet. Let’s get this defensive mindset team started now. Not letting vuch infect any more players with his uninspired d is a huge bonus.  And no more running the offense through him makes everybody else’s role more defined. 

46 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I don’t understand why this^ hasn’t been done yet. Let’s get this defensive mindset team started now. Not letting vuch infect any more players with his uninspired d is a huge bonus.  And no more running the offense through him makes everybody else’s role more defined. 

I think because we'll potentially need his contract in a future trade

I like Ross. I think if healthy he can have a good season with an athletic lineup that likes to run. 

Put Fournier and Vuc in the second unit. We’d win games if we balance out the lineups. 

Also I'm not really interested in trading Ross for anything other than a long term piece that is an upgrade. 

There's not too many players that can shoot, defend, are 6'7+, and can play shooting guard. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Also I'm not really interested in trading Ross for anything other than a long term piece that is an upgrade. 

There's not too many players that can shoot, defend, are 6'7+, and can play shooting guard. 

Ever notice how similar Ross and Harkless career stats are?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=1&player_id1_hint=Terrence+Ross&player_id1_select=Terrence+Ross&player_id1=rosste01&player_id2_hint=Maurice+Harkless&player_id2_select=Maurice+Harkless&player_id2=harklma01&idx=players

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Cutting vucevic is better than this trade. 

Playing him off the bench this season is worth one more try with him. He can score and spread the floor with his new shot.

2 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Two reasons: First is that offense>>defense and he is a good offensive player-which is something our team lacks, second is that his contract is good for trade purposes.  He's a value as long as you can hide his defensive deficiencies.  

12 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

It was not me.  I did not even know we could.  I assume you upvote with the plus sign?    I will let others downvote since I have no idea how to do that.

well put 

I respect youe integrity