magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

16 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

He's an adequate small-ball 4, but we played him a ton at the 3 last year in order to tank better. Chris Vernon always says his true calling was playing defensive end in the NFL, which I agree. He's super athletic, but BBIQ is not his strong-suit.

He seems like a really good kid, but he’s as dumb as a box of rocks on the court. He’s a slightly undersized PF who will hustle his ass off to questionable results

He’s got that Louisiana GRIT lol who wrote that about him?

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You're not going to be happy with Martin

Never said I was. Just end of the bench guy or (in case of injury) guy. Or next trade filler.

I’m sorry to say it but I think it’s another semi tank year. Just don’t see Isaac or bamba playing a lot of minutes. Their bodies need a lot of maturing. And counting on vuc and Evan has brought how many wins?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Never said I was. Just end of the bench guy or (in case of injury) guy. Or next trade filler.

I’m sorry to say it but I think it’s another semi tank year. Just don’t see Isaac or bamba playing a lot of minutes. Their bodies need a lot of maturing. And counting on vuc and Evan has brought how many wins?

Regardless of who plays this is still a late lottery roster. I’m fine with that as long as we form an identity and core. 

Bamba and Issac aren’t fixing this franchise overnight but they will in a couple years. 

6 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Regardless of who plays this is still a late lottery roster. I’m fine with that as long as we form an identity and core. 

Bamba and Issac aren’t fixing this franchise overnight but they will in a couple years. 

Man, when was the last time we were so excited about 2 new guys while we had another guy like AG. Guess it would be year when we had AG,EP and Vic. I think its realistic to expect similar results that we got under Skiles which was our best recent year. Also I have been really impressed with Clifford so far, the way he talks and coaches.

9 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I’m sorry guys but Mario has million dollar talent but a five cent head. I thought he would get it but I don’t see it EVER happen for him. I wish him luck but we need high iq players and Mario just doesn’t exhibit anything near high iq. 

I am not here to debate whether he have a high IQ or not and I, certainly,  not agreeing nor disagreeing with your statement in the matter either.  Mario was a good player and He was an asset nevertheless. He was liked around the league and was a top 5 first round pick. At 5.8 million and on an expiring contract his value for a possible trade  was there. We could have use him on a trade this offseason or during the regular season to gain more assets or simply help us dump one of the other big salary players.  I think that even management said that they made a mistake by not picking up on Hezonja contract.

Now, I feel we are currently moving in the right direction and I am overall very happy with what I have seen so far. 

9 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

He's an adequate small-ball 4, but we played him a ton at the 3 last year in order to tank better. Chris Vernon always says his true calling was playing defensive end in the NFL, which I agree. He's super athletic, but BBIQ is not his strong-suit.

He seems like a really good kid, but he’s as dumb as a box of rocks on the court. He’s a slightly undersized PF who will hustle his ass off to questionable results

pretty much. But you always need a few of this high energy, hustle guys in a team in order to be succesfull. 

9 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Sounds like a heart and hustle guy. I’ll take it!

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

pretty much. But you always need a few of this high energy, hustle guys in a team in order to be succesfull. 

Yeah I was just pointing out the lack of macro level difference between Martin and hezonja. From a more nuanced perspective they're different players. But if you're anti hezonja for inconsistent play and questionable decision making Martin is the same thing without the peak upside that Mario still has. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah I was just pointing out the lack of macro level difference between Martin and hezonja. From a more nuanced perspective they're different players. But if you're anti hezonja for inconsistent play and questionable decision making Martin is the same thing without the peak upside that Mario still has. 

Agree. 

12 hours ago, WarDamnMagic said:

He’s got that Louisiana GRIT lol who wrote that about him?

oh he from da Bayou. that means he knows the difference between an alligator and a crocodile. thatll do him well in Florida

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2