magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

59 minutes ago, jjgator said:

I don't think we're even close to be able to think we'll be anything like Boston in a few years. They are sitting pretty.

It's possible we could be in a similar position if things go our way.

Jonathan Isaac is a high upside player. He is already a very good defense player, if his offense ever improves to the same level he can be an all star. 

Aaron Gordon had his best year so far in his career last season. If he continues to work hard and get better he has all star potential.

Mo Bamba is another high upside player. Defensively he could be a stud. If he develops offensively and adds that beyond the arc shot he's a potential unicorn and all star talent. 

So that's potentially a trio to build around. If we land another top pick this year that could see us add Barrett or Reddish to slot in at SG. If we don't struggle we'll eventually free up cap space when Vuc and co' s contracts come off the books, and if our young front court become show signs of potential dominance guards might consider coming here via free agency. Alternatively trade players for picks and young talent, hope to get lucky and those picks turn out to be very valuable or some team trades away the next Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert (Denver drafted and traded them to Utah!).

Granted all of this comes down to whether our front young court puts it all together and become borderline all star to all star talent, and then us either hitting on future draft picks or moves made in free agents or through trades. But it possible if all goes well for us to be a play off team ascending towards contender status within the next five years if things go our way. Conversely if things don't go our way we'll be drafting top five pretty much every year between now and then, but let's think positive and believe in our talent, our coaching staff and front office. Maybe our time is coming... 

• Upvote 1

Ok magic fans if you could have one of these players on the team who would it be, player A or player B???

Player A was a first round draft pick, and is a PF that has played 3 seasons in the NBA and in 2017 averaged:

22.8mpg/7.7ppg/44.6fg%/34.7 3p%/4.4rpg /1apg/.7bpg

and is getting paid in 2018 season: 2.4 Mill

Player B was a first round draft pick and is a combo forward that has played 3 seasons in the NBA and in 2017 averaged

22.1mpg 9.6ppg/44.2fg%/33.7 3p%/3.7rpg /1.4apg/.4bpg 

And is getting paid in the 2018 season: 8.6 Mill

I really like this last move. Jarell Martin is not only a decent back up but also a guy who will make Isaac Better. He is a good teamate and a great competitor. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Ok magic fans if you could have one of these players on the team who would it be, player A or player B???

Player A was a first round draft pick, and is a PF that has played 3 seasons in the NBA and in 2017 averaged:

Player B was a first round draft pick and is a combo forward that has played 3 seasons in the NBA and in 2017 averaged

I'd rather have hezonja lol

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Don’t forget, with better asset management, Player B would be making $5.8 Mill this season

29 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'd rather have hezonja lol

Lmao damn I was hoping to hook someone into a hot take of Jarell > Mario. Made it too obvious though...

Im extremely happy with this trade Jarell seems to have that Louisiana GRIT in him and will be able to contribute. Best part is we got him for practically nothing. Another very smart maneuver by Weltham! 

26 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Lmao damn I was hoping to hook someone into a hot take of Jarell > Mario. Made it too obvious though...

Im extremely happy with this trade Jarell seems to have that Louisiana GRIT in him and will be able to contribute. Best part is we got him for practically nothing. Another very smart maneuver by Weltham! 

I like it but still doesnt make for the mistake on letting Mario go for nothing.

• Downvote 1

I’m sorry guys but Mario has million dollar talent but a five cent head. I thought he would get it but I don’t see it EVER happen for him. I wish him luck but we need high iq players and Mario just doesn’t exhibit anything near high iq. 

• Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I’m sorry guys but Mario has million dollar talent but a five cent head. I thought he would get it but I don’t see it EVER happen for him. I wish him luck but we need high iq players and Mario just doesn’t exhibit anything near high iq. 

You're not going to be happy with Martin

He's an adequate small-ball 4, but we played him a ton at the 3 last year in order to tank better. Chris Vernon always says his true calling was playing defensive end in the NFL, which I agree. He's super athletic, but BBIQ is not his strong-suit.

He seems like a really good kid, but he’s as dumb as a box of rocks on the court. He’s a slightly undersized PF who will hustle his ass off to questionable results