magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

I've believed the last few years that the development of our young guys is tied to the consistency and leadership, or lack thereof, provided by our point guard position. Thus, I believe it is vital for us to be extremely aggressive in finding a rock solid point guard, someway and somehow, over the next year.

1 minute ago, alwaystragic said:

Can someone explain what the thunder trade means for us? If an nba team gets cash, what does it mean cap wise? what do they use it for? Are the salaries for purvis and jackson exactly matching? why did they add cash?

Because teams are businesses and are never going to say no to basically free cash. Otherwise, it means nothing for our team structure.

26 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

ESPN experts predict we are the 5th worst team in the NBA going into the season: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24165876/nba-power-rankings-how-lebron-james-kawhi-leonard-change-everything

I think we are going to surprise a lot of non believers.  My prediciton is that we will be in a position we will be fighting for that last playoff spot. 

Just now, fan for too long 2 said:

Tobias has some balls or he is listening to the wrong people. Good luck

Yep. He should reconsider.

14 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

Then why did OKC chose us for this trade and not another team?

Henny paying us back a little??

42 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

Because we were a willing and able partner. Otherwise, who knows- it doesn't really matter. Other teams could have done the same thing.

Again, this is a non-move that really doesn't matter team building wise. This is just teams playing with their financial situations, like when NFL teams give more guaranteed money to change their current cap structure, or when company accountants play with the books (legally, hopefully), for possible tax benefits.

1 hour ago, alwaystragic said:

It's arbitrary.

I remember one time a team traded a player for cash because they needed a new copier in the office among some other teams

Edit: it was Brooklyn trading the rights to Kyle Korver.