magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

I like Powell as well just the contract makes me hesitate. Not necessarily the type of player thats worth sacrificing potential future cap space based on our timeline. 

Maybe we can just wait Toronto out and get Vanvleet for simmons? Not sure when he’s eligible to be traded though.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm still a Powell believer so maybe that's why. 

I'm also operating from a perspective that wright-?-Isaac-Gordon-Bamba is a long term playoff team as the young guys improve. Maybe that's going too far and I'm not hedging enough for the possibility that wright is just ok and not really good. 

Powell’s contract is pretty rough and long, and he can’t really shoot, right? Not sure it makes sense.

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Powell still has 4 years and $42 mill on his contract, so I’m a strong no to that.

Also, hell no to Jordan Clarkson.

Yeah but think about Powell through the lens of getting wright on a discount due to owning his RFA rights

47 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah but think about Powell through the lens of getting wright on a discount due to owning his RFA rights

That doesnt make any sense to me. I like Powell but not a 10 millions per year for the next 4 years. I rather keep Simmons.

Paying someone 10 millions a year which will affect our cap  for years to come just to have an advantage in keeping Wright is not a wise move.  We Need to consider Isaac’s position and understand that his salary increases 2 million every year. Not to mention a possible  new contract in 2020. 

59 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I guess it could work. He’d pretty much just replace Ross on the roster cap-wise after this year. I just love J-Simms, but we probably have him at the wrong time of his career for our rebuild timeline.

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Powell’s contract is pretty rough and long, and he can’t really shoot, right? Not sure it makes sense.

He is better than Simmons but not much better. He supposed to be a good shooter but has struggle recently. 

I agree.  His contract is long and rough

4 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I guess it could work. He’d pretty much just replace Ross on the roster cap-wise after this year. I just love J-Simms, but we probably have him at the wrong time of his career for our rebuild timeline.

That will close the doors on the possibility of going after a max player next year(kemba). It is not a good idea.

Yeah if we’re taking Powell back for simmons we need more than wright as far as valuable assets for a rebuilding team (draft picks, young talent). Other than wright and fvv no one else looks appealing from the young guys on their roster, since OG is untouchable im guessing. They just gave up a 1st to the spurs so not sure what they can offer out of picks that would appeal to us.

3 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

That will close the doors on the possibility of going after a max player next year(kemba). It is not a good idea.

I think the thought behind this particular deal would be that Delon Wright becomes our PG of the future, eliminating the need for a max PG. Also, we’d still have avenues to max cap space next summer like streching Mozgov. I’m not a fan of the deal, but I understand it.

53 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think the thought behind this particular deal would be that Delon Wright becomes our PG of the future, eliminating the need for a max PG. Also, we’d still have avenues to max cap space next summer like streching Mozgov. I’m not a fan of the deal, but I understand it.

Yes. But Wright is not Kemba and in my opinion not a Star caliber PG. I honestly think we have something in Grant and should wait until we see more of him. And like you, I am not a fan of the deal either.