magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Nobody said we were done making moves. They said we were done in free agency. 

We won't be done making moves for 7 months. 

Well no I mean up until the season starts...this looks like the squad we’re rolling out with 

13 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

So we basically just got some cash for nothing. Ok.

It appears that Cash was the only reason. I Do not think it will do anything for a cap situation. It might open a roster spot if we waive Dakari. 

14 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

And you just found out the reason 

Are we in any financial  position that we need to worry about cash?. I was hoping that there was another reason behind it. Help with our cap situation, A pick, subsequent move(VUC) etc.. 

• Downvote 1

12 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

We don’t need another backup PG. We need a starting PG. 

Brandon Knight to the rescue!

But seriously speaking, I think at this point a Jordan Clarkson-Vuch swap will make sense. Cleveland have Sexton and George Hill and they only have one center in their roster in Zizic. Vuch expiring can be enticing. 

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

It appears that Cash was the only reason. I Do not think it will do anything for a cap situation. It might open a roster spot if we waive Dakari. 

Are we in any financial  position that we need to worry about cash?. I was hoping that there was another reason behind it. Help with our cap situation, A pick, subsequent move(VUC) etc.. 

It's not about worrying about cash. It's a value play. Cash is worth more than not cash. 

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

Brandon Knight to the rescue!

But seriously speaking, I think at this point a Jordan Clarkson-Vuch swap will make sense. Cleveland have Sexton and George Hill and they only have one center in their roster in Zizic. Vuch expiring can be enticing. 

That's a negative move from our perspective. He doesn't provide us with anything but he takes up cap space for next year. 

17 hours ago, Odin said:

Hmmm. Is Delon Wright a better Jerian Grant, at least when it comes to scheme? I haven't really seen either of them play, but they have similar size and similar stats. 

Also, Powell's contract would really tie us down for the next 4 years.

While we'd be getting the best player in the deal, I think Toronto would have to throw in a pick as well- a very protected 1st or even a second, but something a little extra as we are basically hurting our cap space especially 2 years from now when we could possibly be going after a max guy.

Plus Simmons and Kawhi seem to be friends- so bringing Simmons over to Toronto could be beneficial to them in that way.

Exactly. Simmons is more valuable to toronto than any team right now. Not worth taking back more salary/yrs on powell. We’d be better off getting cj miles/wright for simmons/johnson. Miles has 2 yrs at 8m left and brings shooting and length.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bun B said:

Exactly. Simmons is more valuable to toronto than any team right now. Not worth taking back more salary/yrs on powell. We’d be better off getting cj miles/wright for simmons/johnson. Miles has 2 yrs at 8m left and brings shooting and length.

I'm still a Powell believer so maybe that's why. 

I'm also operating from a perspective that wright-?-Isaac-Gordon-Bamba is a long term playoff team as the young guys improve. Maybe that's going too far and I'm not hedging enough for the possibility that wright is just ok and not really good.