magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

31 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Random thought... how insane would it be if the  nba changed how you sub a player in and out to how they do in the nhl

It'd be a really good way to defend fast breaks if you could just run Issac off the bench and meet a guy at the rim. 

This is how dunk contests should work

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It'd be a really good way to defend fast breaks if you could just run Issac off the bench and meet a guy at the rim. 

Ooooooo that would be awesome for the dunk contest

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

That sounds NFL levels of dangerous

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jec said:

That sounds NFL levels of dangerous

Magic might be one of the best teams in the league if they switched too it lol teams with the most athletic players would dominate 

4 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Nice. 

Last jersey I purchased was actually a gift from my mom on 12/25/2009 when we played Boston on Christmas Day. It was an epic game if you remember. Celtics were riding a 14 game winning streak into Amway. 

My mom had bad cancer at the time so it was our last Magic game as a family. We all knew it deepdown. After the Magic camback and won the game late—She took me to the magic store and told me to pickout anything I wanted.

I selected this authentic throwback black Dwight Howard jersey. It was like $220 or something stupid like that. My mom passed away about a year later when I was 20. Then Dwight left us sometime after that. 

So I have this Dwight Howard jersey that has an insane amount of sentimental value to me that I’ve never been able to really wear. I haven’t bought a jersey since. It just hangs in my closet. Every time I see it I think of that Epic Christmas Day showdown from at the last game we were all at together. 

I just wish I could ever wear it. I could have picked any other jersey (Nelson, Lewis, Turk) and id still be able to wear it today. But, I had to pick Dwight. 

Thats my sappy jersey story. I might buy a Bamba one soon. Keep the Center streak going since I have a 90’d Shaq one too. 

Damn dude, that's a really touching story. Thank you for sharing that.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Exactly though. We've heard nothing from him. At all. If it's not true why doesn't he come out and clear the air? The fact that he chooses to remain silent is his choice but if "sources" kept making me out to be a monumental douchebag and diva with lies I'd probably want to try and dispute that. In this case the silence from his camp is deafening.

he has nothing to gain from responding to these rumors. These rumors have taken a life of their own. If you stoop down to the rumors and address them, you are actually validating those "sources." 

Hypothetically, even if all he says is "none of those rumors are true" is it going to stop anyone from creating more stories about him? More importantly, is anyone going to believe he's telling the truth? 

If i was his advisor I'd tell him to do a funny Sprite or Foot Locker commercial or w/e, just so people see he ain't a (insert derogatory word here).  

14 hours ago, WarDamnMagic said:

ATL

NYK (assuming KP sits out this year)

Clevland (assuming they trade love)

SAC

Brooklyn

LAC

Phoenix 

Charlotte

Orlando

Detroit

Memphis

Dallas

SAC = Boston.  Celts get the better of a #1 only  protected Sacramento or Philly pick.  I think it will be the SAC pick.  It is why every lottery team needs to let SAC win.  

5 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Nice. 

Last jersey I purchased was actually a gift from my mom on 12/25/2009 when we played Boston on Christmas Day. It was an epic game if you remember. Celtics were riding a 14 game winning streak into Amway. 

My mom had bad cancer at the time so it was our last Magic game as a family. We all knew it deepdown. After the Magic camback and won the game late—She took me to the magic store and told me to pickout anything I wanted.

I selected this authentic throwback black Dwight Howard jersey. It was like $220 or something stupid like that. My mom passed away about a year later when I was 20. Then Dwight left us sometime after that. 

So I have this Dwight Howard jersey that has an insane amount of sentimental value to me that I’ve never been able to really wear. I haven’t bought a jersey since. It just hangs in my closet. Every time I see it I think of that Epic Christmas Day showdown from at the last game we were all at together. 

I just wish I could ever wear it. I could have picked any other jersey (Nelson, Lewis, Turk) and id still be able to wear it today. But, I had to pick Dwight. 

Thats my sappy jersey story. I might buy a Bamba one soon. Keep the Center streak going since I have a 90’d Shaq one too. 

What a great story.  The human side of a game we love.  If someone has a Magic connection they should get this story to them.  Magic should "give" HeHateMe a Bamba jersey.  And I doubt HeHateMe would think that but I do.  THat is how you take care of fans.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, The Boss said:

Anyone got a link or can paraphrase what Kawhi said? Can't find it online.

He hasn't said anything. It was photoshop of a picture of him with the words thank you beside his face. 

4 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

He hasn't said anything. It was photoshop of a picture of him with the words thank you beside his face. 

I wondered if it was photoshopped but wasn't sure. Funny as hell though.

It just says "Thanks" with his picture.