magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Well it's not roster move related, but I finally got some new Orlando Magic gear for the first time in awhile.

I already had the Penny throwback, but the Gordon and the hat are new. The Penny I got last summer but this is the first new player jersey I've gotten since Dwight, and the first time I found a draft hat that I like.

20180718_185853.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

Well it's not roster move related, but I finally got some new Orlando Magic gear for the first time in awhile.

I already had the Penny throwback, but the Gordon and the hat are new. The Penny I got last summer but this is the first new player jersey I've gotten since Dwight, and the first time I found a draft hat that I like.

20180718_185853.jpg

Nice

21 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

20180718_185853.jpg

That is really  nice. I am getting on board with the 00 jersey!

58 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Love to Toronto in my opinion

I think Love at PF and  Ibaka at center will work well and with Kwahi at SF, Toronto should be the team to beat. 

I just dont think Toronto and Cleveland are good trading partners. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I think Love at PF and  Ibaka at center will work well and with Kwahi at SF, Toronto should be the team to beat. 

I just dont think Toronto and Cleveland are good trading partners. 

Yeah but with Lowry and Kawhi with Serge I'm not sure Love is preferable to anunoby, miles, siakam

8 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

It is all about playing time. My understanding was that he doesnt like to be in the bench.  If I am not mistaken, this was an issue when Teague was in Atlanta.

Now, do you feel the pairing of Schroder and Westbrook playing together working?

I don't know if it was all about playing time because there was an article or some tweet about how he didn't want to be on a lottery bound team during his prime. Thennnnnnnn they drafter Trae. 

3 hours ago, Franchise408 said:

20180718_185853.jpg

Nice. 

Last jersey I purchased was actually a gift from my mom on 12/25/2009 when we played Boston on Christmas Day. It was an epic game if you remember. Celtics were riding a 14 game winning streak into Amway. 

My mom had bad cancer at the time so it was our last Magic game as a family. We all knew it deepdown. After the Magic camback and won the game late—She took me to the magic store and told me to pickout anything I wanted.

I selected this authentic throwback black Dwight Howard jersey. It was like $220 or something stupid like that. My mom passed away about a year later when I was 20. Then Dwight left us sometime after that. 

So I have this Dwight Howard jersey that has an insane amount of sentimental value to me that I’ve never been able to really wear. I haven’t bought a jersey since. It just hangs in my closet. Every time I see it I think of that Epic Christmas Day showdown from at the last game we were all at together. 

I just wish I could ever wear it. I could have picked any other jersey (Nelson, Lewis, Turk) and id still be able to wear it today. But, I had to pick Dwight. 

Thats my sappy jersey story. I might buy a Bamba one soon. Keep the Center streak going since I have a 90’d Shaq one too. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Nice. 

Last jersey I purchased was actually a gift from my mom on 12/25/2009 when we played Boston on Christmas Day. It was an epic game if you remember. Celtics were riding a 14 game winning streak into Amway. 

My mom had bad cancer at the time so it was our last Magic game as a family. We all knew it deepdown. After the Magic camback and won the game late—She took me to the magic store and told me to pickout anything I wanted.

I selected this authentic throwback black Dwight Howard jersey. It was like $220 or something stupid like that. My mom passed away about a year later when I was 20. Then Dwight left us sometime after that. 

So I have this Dwight Howard jersey that has an insane amount of sentimental value to me that I’ve never been able to really wear. I haven’t bought a jersey since. It just hangs in my closet. Every time I see it I think of that Epic Christmas Day showdown from at the last game we were all at together. 

I just wish I could ever wear it. I could have picked any other jersey (Nelson, Lewis, Turk) and id still be able to wear it today. But, I had to pick Dwight. 

Thats my sappy jersey story. I might buy a Bamba one soon. Keep the Center streak going since I have a 90’d Shaq one too. 

Beautiful memory

• Upvote 1

Random thought... how insane would it be if the  nba changed how you sub a player in and out to how they do in the nhl