magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's done. 

I'm watching now and they way they're wording it "agreed in principle", "will be finalized", doesn't sound like it's quite official. They were just on saying Toronto hopes to finalize it later this morning.

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I'm watching now and they way they're wording it "agreed in principle", "will be finalized", doesn't sound like it's quite official. They were just on saying Toronto hopes to finalize it later this morning.

Agreed in principle = done

I have to say that seems like a pretty fair trade but the Spurs get the extra years of DDR and the pick should convey next draft so I give them the win. I'm kinda shocked that the Lakeshow didn't beat that offer but I understand wanting to keep all their youth and attempt to just sign him outright next year. Is Jakob Poeltl any good?

The Raptors just made a terrible decision. They gave up their best player on a long term deal for a guy causing drama with the best organization in the league and is coming off a serious injury. To top it off, Kawhi supposedly has zero interest in staying there. They are hoping for a situation like Paul George in OKC, but I think Kawhi is more hard headed than George. Great deal for the Spurs though.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Agreed in principle = done

Eh. Your above post of Woj saying SA agrees tells me it's done.

Now the real drama begins. Kawhi...In Toronto...Unhappy as ****...

26 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Eh. Your above post of Woj saying SA agrees tells me it's done.

Now the real drama begins. Kawhi...In Toronto...Unhappy as ****...

I'm just saying agreement in principle means they've agreed to the trade but need to have their cap guys discuss execution of the trade. Because what the trade they agreed to was DeRozan and poeltl for Kawhi and Danny Green. What it actually looks like though is DeRozan for Kawhi. Trade exception for Danny Green. Trading back a piece of that trade exception for poeltl. Then once they cross that barrier they get to make the trade call and make it official

11 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

To be clear are there any actual consequences if Kawhi refuses to play next year besides it looking bad? If not Toronto may be in a world of trouble.  

He doesn't get paid