magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Did this guy seriously isolate a 5 game sample to make a point. Shameful

This intrigued me:

“As for Grant’s passing ability, he averaged nearly five assists per game this season but what I find most intriguing is that if you include only those that played at least 60 games and averaged at least 22 minutes per game this season, Grant’s 33.6 percent assist ratio was the sixth best in the league. Assist ratio is the percentage of a player’s possessions that result in an assist. In contrast, Augustin boasts a 27.8 percent assist ratio despite having a higher usage, starting more, and playing more minutes. Grant also had a 3.84 assist/turnover ratio last season, which was third best in the league (Players that: 60 games +, 22 mpg +)*. This stat is very effective at measuring ball control. A player who passes the ball and gets an assist without causing a turnover will have a higher ratio (Augustin has a 2.33 ratio). Grant also had a higher ratio last season than Chris Paul (3.57) and Rajon Rondo (3.53), both of whom played at least 10 less games than Grant.”

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Catalina Maria said:

This intrigued me:

“As for Grant’s passing ability, he averaged nearly five assists per game this season but what I find most intriguing is that if you include only those that played at least 60 games and averaged at least 22 minutes per game this season, Grant’s 33.6 percent assist ratio was the sixth best in the league. Assist ratio is the percentage of a player’s possessions that result in an assist. In contrast, Augustin boasts a 27.8 percent assist ratio despite having a higher usage, starting more, and playing more minutes. Grant also had a 3.84 assist/turnover ratio last season, which was third best in the league (Players that: 60 games +, 22 mpg +)*. This stat is very effective at measuring ball control. A player who passes the ball and gets an assist without causing a turnover will have a higher ratio (Augustin has a 2.33 ratio). Grant also had a higher ratio last season than Chris Paul (3.57) and Rajon Rondo (3.53), both of whom played at least 10 less games than Grant.”

I'm not sure that means anything. The players ahead of him are dinwiddie, collison, Burke, and tyus Jones. 

36 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Did this guy seriously isolate a 5 game sample to make a point. Shameful

i thought the same but Im a fanatic so I bought in lol

2 hours ago, jjgator said:

Yeah, they are basically internet trolls. LaVar Ball too. Him saying he could beat LeBron makes me so angry...

I thought he said he could beat Jordan

edit: nvm saw it lol

2 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Grant is a better Payton which I’m not sure is saying much because they’re both extremely flawed 

Nah. Better Mack

• Upvote 1