magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Listening to Joel Myers/David Griffin SiriusXM show from sometime last week.  They're discussing something interesting about the Lavine deal that I haven't heard or seen discussed yet:

Apparently SAC included some sort of pre-existing injury exemption into their offer sheet, which essentially means that Lavine's money becomes non-guaranteed if he misses significant time due to the knee or a reaggravation of the injury.  Griff goes on to say that this essentially guaranteed that Chicago would match it because SAC made it much more palatable for them to do so; he added that the obvious idea of an offer sheet is to make it difficult to match, but in this instance the Kings just made it easier.

I see that post got some people heated.  You guys have bad humor.  I'm going to be serious for a second.  If you follow the following Youtube channels, which I get recommended for watching other players highlights, you'd see the bias right before your eyes.  You'd also see the in the comments section that viewers have lit them up for it.  Their careers are molded around feeding LeBron delusion and they aren't shy about it.  80 to 90 percent of what these channels cover is LeBron when it comes to the NBA.  The last 20 Cowherd videos have been about LeBron and the Lakers.  Shannon, Skip, and Cowherd have brought up even their own contracts sometimes.  They get paid at least 2 to 6 million a year to lie to people while sitting down so why not?  

Shannon Sharpe is the biggest LeBron Stan ever.  Colin Cowherd cannot go 40 seconds without saying LeBron.  Nick Wright will use any given statistic to spin LeBron James into the goat.  This is why I mocked them in the post....I watch them to laugh at them.  

Then they invite truth bombers like Rob Parker and Michael Rappaport on occasion to heat up the LeBron Stans.  LeBron fans hate Rob Parker the most by the amount of dislike he gets for appearance on undisputed because he tells the truth.  I could post like 4 videos with Rob Parker telling the truth and the only defense they have is calling Rob Parker a hater; a learned banal retorted phrase.  Why don't you all watch these channels for yourself and see if I'm wrong.  I'm sorry if it looked like another cliche attack on LeBron.  I'd say it was passive aggressive humor.  

Youtube Channels:  Watch for yourself and experience the torture. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skip and Shannon: UNDISPUTED

The Herd with Colin Cowherd

First Things First: Cris Carter and Nick Wright 

Speak For Yourself with Cowherd and Whitlock

--------------------------------------------

Personally, I'd rather hear about Donovan Mitchell, Ben Simmons, Joel Embiid, Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Damian Lillard, Gary Harris, Rudy Gobert, Anthony Davis.  

These players are presumed uninteresting partly because their names aren't pushed into the spotlight.  It's difficult to find an article or even news on these players because of everything is flooded with Lakers propaganda.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

I see that post got some people heated.  You guys have bad humor. 

Zero people responded to your post.  

Didn't you recently chastise people for not being as enlightened as you, claiming you were a cosmic nihilist or something?  Wouldn't a cosmic nihilist do the exact opposite of posting annoying, repetitive diatribes against a random athlete they don't like?

23 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

I see that post got some people heated.  You guys have bad humor.  I'm going to be serious for a second.  If you follow the following Youtube channels, which I get recommended for watching other players highlights, you'd see the bias right before your eyes.  You'd also see the in the comments section that viewers have lit them up for it.  Their careers are molded around feeding LeBron delusion and they aren't shy about it.  80 to 90 percent of what these channels cover is LeBron when it comes to the NBA.  The last 20 Cowherd videos have been about LeBron and the Lakers.  Shannon, Skip, and Cowherd have brought up even their own contracts sometimes.  They get paid at least 2 to 6 million a year to lie to people while sitting down so why not?  

Shannon Sharpe is the biggest LeBron Stan ever.  Colin Cowherd cannot go 40 seconds without saying LeBron.  Nick Wright will use any given statistic to spin LeBron James into the goat.  This is why I mocked them in the post....I watch them to laugh at them.  

Then they invite truth bombers like Rob Parker and Michael Rappaport on occasion to heat up the LeBron Stans.  LeBron fans hate Rob Parker the most by the amount of dislike he gets for appearance on undisputed because he tells the truth.  I could post like 4 videos with Rob Parker telling the truth and the only defense they have is calling Rob Parker a hater; a learned banal retorted phrase.  Why don't you all watch these channels for yourself and see if I'm wrong.  I'm sorry if it looked like another cliche attack on LeBron.  I'd say it was passive aggressive humor.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I'd rather hear about Donovan Mitchell, Ben Simmons, Joel Embiid, Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Damian Lillard, Gary Harris, Rudy Gobert, Anthony Davis.  

These players are presumed uninteresting partly because their names aren't pushed into the spotlight.  It's difficult to find an article or even news on these players because of everything is flooded with Lakers propaganda.  

they talk about LeBron because hes an all time elite player the likes of which the world has ever seen. Hes a Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson hybrid in Karl Malones body. Hes never got in trouble and works his tail off. His biggest knock is not winning enough in the finals.

I can understand getting tired of hearing the man get talked about but there arguably isnt anyone near as talented or acclaimed worth talking about over him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

would you care to write the title of an article youd like written about each of those players you mentioned so wed know what were missing out thats so fascinating about them?

6 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

would you care to write the title of an article youd like written about each of those players you mentioned so wed know what were missing out thats so fascinating about them?

Sigh.  Why does everything look like memes to me now.  Even posts like this. It's all retorted banter.  Banality is at an all time high.  I've read too much. 

8 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

Sigh.  Why does everything look like memes to me now.  Even posts like this. It's all retorted banter.  Banality is at an all time high.  I've read too much. 

Why are you so fascinated about what the least knowledgeable people have to say. 

Understand the market for the shows you're listing. The unemployed and college age kids. 

They count on you having the mindset of "listen to the crazy things we're saying! Doesn't that make you mad? You're going to keep watching through the commercial to see if my guest corrects me, right?"

It's the book of Howard Stern. If you don't get joy from those shows then stop giving them attention. If you continue to click then YOU are responsible for them continuing to air. 

23 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Why are you so fascinated about what the least knowledgeable people have to say. 

Understand the market for the shows you're listing. The unemployed and college age kids. 

They count on you having the mindset of "listen to the crazy things we're saying! Doesn't that make you mad? You're going to keep watching through the commercial to see if my guest corrects me, right?"

It's the book of Howard Stern. If you don't get joy from those shows then stop giving them attention. If you continue to click then YOU are responsible for them continuing to air. 

Yeah, they are basically internet trolls. LaVar Ball too. Him saying he could beat LeBron makes me so angry...

51 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

thats because you cant because theyre not as interesting as The King moving to one of the most storied franchises of all time. Its undeniable and all you can do is stomp your feet and cry wah wah wah.