magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Just now, King Close said:

I was thinking the same thing, 5 hours since the last post and it’s the evening. The countdown to october begins! 

Yeah the next 6 weeks are going to be the worst. We'll go a couple days without posts

7 hours ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

So I have been MIA for a few days while on vacation (actually down in Florida, off the coast of Jacksonville). Looks like IT went somewhere else, I’m okay with that. If they weren’t sold on the medicals, then there is no point in paying a player to sit on the bench. Denver’s medical team has to be a little more liberal with what they think is okay...MPJ and IT...maybe it’ll workout for them maybe it won’t. 

As far as we are considered: I would be really interested to see if our Front Office is getting respect from anyone else and maybe that respect starts to earn us some consideration from Free Agents? I’m a Kentucky football fan (which is another painful subject) but they’re rebuilding motto has been “Why Kentucky? Why Not?”

I think it would be interesting to see if some players in the West start coming to the East and why not have some guards like Irving/Butler come to Orlando to help our young core of big men take the next step in their career. 

Irving/Butler/Isaac/Gordon/Bamba —> that could compete in the East for sure. 

I think that’s the pitch to potential free agents and one year rentals we get in trades...”look, we’re building something here...the East is wide open...stay here, help us build, and recruit the final few pieces we need.” 

I really like this idea. It happened with Hill and McGrady when we didnt have much. It could happen again with considerably favorable pieces.

14 hours ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

So I have been MIA for a few days while on vacation (actually down in Florida, off the coast of Jacksonville). Looks like IT went somewhere else, I’m okay with that. If they weren’t sold on the medicals, then there is no point in paying a player to sit on the bench. Denver’s medical team has to be a little more liberal with what they think is okay...MPJ and IT...maybe it’ll workout for them maybe it won’t. 

As far as we are considered: I would be really interested to see if our Front Office is getting respect from anyone else and maybe that respect starts to earn us some consideration from Free Agents? I’m a Kentucky football fan (which is another painful subject) but they’re rebuilding motto has been “Why Kentucky? Why Not?”

I think it would be interesting to see if some players in the West start coming to the East and why not have some guards like Irving/Butler come to Orlando to help our young core of big men take the next step in their career. 

Irving/Butler/Isaac/Gordon/Bamba —> that could compete in the East for sure. 

I think that’s the pitch to potential free agents and one year rentals we get in trades...”look, we’re building something here...the East is wide open...stay here, help us build, and recruit the final few pieces we need.” 

Definitely need at least one "+" for this post.  We may even have another piece on our roster (if we get lucky in the lottery next year--I suspect we will be in it one more year) by the  time we can sell a FA on coming here.  I would start with Kemba assuming he is available.  And I think ?ForTheWin showed how we can free up enough money to bring in 2 FA's.  Will cost some cash but, with who we have on rookie salary deals, we are in a short term position to do that.  Have to stay committed on going after existing, not potential, stars.  I would be happy with Kemba and Butler.  lol!

I guess offseason filler will probably be

1. X player gets in trouble in x way; because america loves drama, mass killings, racial tension and hates charitable work in the community.

2.  This summer?!  Has LeBron James surpassed Michael Jordan for GOAT?  

Next Topic:   What is LeBron's Window for a championship?\

Next Topic:  With LeBron Gone, who's going to win in the east?

Next Topic:  Who had more help? LeBron or JOrdan?

Next Topic:   Passionately better?  LeBron or Kobe?

Next Topic:  What is LeBron's Legacy after being swept?  

Next Topic:  The Magic resign Aaron Gordon

Next Topic:  Will LeBron play with his sons during the twilight of his career?  

a. Shannon Sharpe: See...heres Tha Thang Skip, LeBron has had better offseasons than Jordan ever did?  I mean..has Kobe had this?  LeBron is gonna be the goat of movies and the goat of basketball.   

Skip:.......mmhmm.  Mmm *nods head*.  

b. Colin Cowherd:  LeBron James will lead the Lakers to multiple titles next season and the Warriors will be dethroned.  LeBron, being the greatest player that he, will continue to recruit Kawhi.

c. Nick Wright:  The Warriors blew  a 3-1 league and are cowards, of course they sign demarcus cousins so LeBron cannot beat him.  This is why he's the goat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, the off season is fairly predictable.  I will be laughing........all off season at the media for being predictable and....desperate to hammer their agenda into peoples heads.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Kemba Walker has no desire to leave Charlotte—now or in free agency next year.

The Hornets point guard said he plans on remaining right where he's at "for a long time" in an interview with Michael Scotto of The Athletic.

"As far as seeing me in New York, I doubt it," Walker said. "I'm a Hornet, and I'm planning on being a Hornet for a long time; so, yeah, I'm not sure about that [New York]."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2786292-kemba-walker-doubts-hell-join-knicks-plans-to-stay-with-hornets-a-long-time

IMO it's nice to dream about getting one of the all star type PGs but without cap space and not really having anybody to trade outside our core it probably won't happen. I think we should focus on trying to get one of the recently drafted PGs that we all would have liked to have like Brunson, Carter, Okobo, Shamet, Graham, etc and develop them. Some of the teams that took these guys are deep at PG and might be open to a trade for a future 2nd or an expiring contract.

5 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

IMO it's nice to dream about getting one of the all star type PGs but without cap space and not really having anybody to trade outside our core it probably won't happen. I think we should focus on trying to get one of the recently drafted PGs that we all would have liked to have like Brunson, Carter, Okobo, Shamet, Graham, etc and develop them. Some of the teams that took these guys are deep at PG and might be open to a trade for a future 2nd or an expiring contract.

Lol. No. We have briscoe for that

39 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Do you think he's better than the other guys? I don't know much about him.

I think if you have a blanket goal of having a developmental point guard briscoe is a decent candidate. 

I like Melton and Carter more but briscoe is fine. 

Basically briscoe is a 22 year old former number one point guard in the 2015 high school class. While that doesn't really mean anything, he's as good of a bet as any of those guys picked in the second round this year. 

20 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Basically briscoe is a 22 year old former number one point guard in the 2015 high school class. While that doesn't really mean anything, he's as good of a bet as any of those guys picked in the second round this year. 

Agreed! Hypothetically if he was in this draft class after his last season in Europe I think he would have been taken in the beginning of the 2nd round when there was that big run of pgs. I’m hoping we found a diamond in the rough with him

12 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Agreed! Hypothetically if he was in this draft class after his last season in Europe I think he would have been taken in the beginning of the 2nd round when there was that big run of pgs. I’m hoping we found a diamond in the rough with him

Yeah. Like I said earlier, if he transferred to Montana State and won big sky player of the year we'd be psyched to get him early in the second. He might have gone in that run from 23 to 34. 

He might end up sucking. But prospect value he's in that area.