magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

15 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah but you get Butler for possibly 1 year. 

You get lonzo for at least 4 years, probably 7

Is he going for surgery or is that bs?

???PG???

Butler/Ross

Gordon

Isaac

Vuc/Bamba

Allows us to compete now and for the next 7 yrs, as BIG continue to grow. 

I'm not surprised Jimmy wants out of Minny. Neither KAT or Wiggins want to play any defense or put in the work to become great players. Both are extremely talented, but are they hungry enough to get to the next level.

10 hours ago, Franchise408 said:

There was literally no negative and only positives to signing Isaiah Thomas.

Are you saying that building a whole offense around one of the worst defenders in the league, one of the smallest players in the league, who is going to play one of the most selfish seasons of basketball in NBA history, who will most likely be at our club for one season, has nothing negative about it? That's not even taking into account his injury.

All our players have to waste a season learning to play with a PG in the mold of a near polar opposite PG that we want running our team. Pass.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah but you get Butler for possibly 1 year. 

You get lonzo for at least 4 years, probably 7

True there's a risk Butler leaves, but there are risks that come with acquiring Lonzo Ball (How much of a negative factor will his dad be? Will his shooting improve? Can he boost his scoring? How good will his defense be? Is he a star?). 

Both paths come with the risks but I'd rather take a gamble on Butler since he's a proven all star. We'd also own his bird rights so we could go over the cap to extend him if I'm not mistaken? So that could help us when going for another max level talent next year if we've already got an agreement on board with Butler. 

With that said if we did acquire Lonzo I wouldn't complain about it. It would be another young piece to add to our front court trio. 

8 hours ago, Nyce_1 said:

???PG???

Butler/Ross

Gordon

Isaac

Vuc/Bamba

Allows us to compete now and for the next 7 yrs, as BIG continue to grow. 

Can you imagine Butler chewing up Vuc verbally? Because that's what would happen 

I think Lonzo with a 3pter is the perfect PG for us. 

I also think trading for Lonzo is the best semi realistic trade we can do this off-season

3 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I think if the Lakers were moving Lonzo it would have happened by now

Kawhi is still a Spur. He won't be by the start of the season. Lonzo might be moved when that all goes down. I'm betting a three team deal will happen which is why it's taking so long.

I'd take Lonzo I just can't stand his dad.

4 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Can you imagine Butler chewing up Vuc verbally? Because that's what would happen 

Could you imagine Lavar doing it? Hmm maybe Lavar wouldn't be overall bad for us lol