magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

23 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

If you could get Jimmy Butler for Fournier and the 19 pick top 3 protected you'd have to do it, right?

Undeniably

24 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I like Ball more as a player but I will go with Russell just to stay away from Lavar and Liangelo.

Yes, it's a very tough choice. Russell is a better shooter

Having traded away point guard Jeremy Lin, the Brooklyn Nets have now put themselves in position to bring an All-Star home. According to Rick Bonnell of The Charlotte Observer, the Nets could now use a first-round pick obtained in the trade with the Denver Nuggets to lure Bronx native Kemba Walker away from the Charlotte Hornets.

The most viable trade route would be to trade their own potential starter in D’Angelo Russell, as Walker’s friendly $12 million contract won’t be hard to plug up with Russell’s $7 million salary ($16 million if option is picked up).

Russell had a somewhat underwhelming season in 2017-18 after being traded by the Los Angeles Lakers, posting 15.5 points, 5.2 assists, and 3.9 rebounds through 48 games after suffering a left knee injury early in the season.

Walker has flourished over the past couple of seasons, evolving into a sharp-shooting leading scorer for the Hornets, and one that could take center stage in Brooklyn’s rebuild, accelerating the process massively as a proven, yet young guard who is yet to reach his full ceiling.

The Hornets could start their own rebuild with an even younger asset and start to piece out their starting lineup, which is bloated with awful contracts due to the splurging summer of 2016, in which teams overspent in mediocre talent.

https://clutchpoints.com/nets-rumors-front-office-could-explore-kemba-walker-trade-for-dangelo-russell/

3 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

That doesn't really make sense though. You aren't rebuilding with Russell, you have to pay him next summer. 

Edit: also the guy incorrectly states Russell has a 16 million option. No, that's a cap hold

40 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

If you could get Jimmy Butler for Fournier and the 19 pick top 3 protected you'd have to do it, right?

Wouldn't that essentially be a rental for us because I remember reading or hearing something about how he would like to play with Kyrie and Kyrie looks to be heading somewhere else in the offseason, possibly NYK.

2 minutes ago, Malik Buttface said:

Wouldn't that essentially be a rental for us because I remember reading or hearing something about how he would like to play with Kyrie and Kyrie looks to be heading somewhere else in the offseason, possibly NYK.

It might be. That's the gamble. 

Either way you're clearing 17 million in cap space the next 2 summers. 

Also look at this:

2.42 for stretched DJ

5.57 for stretched moz

30.67 for Butler cap hold

5.7 Bamba

1.4 Frazier

19.86 Gordon

5.81 Isaac

1.0 cap hold for Simmons Watson Mack

6.28 roster cap hold for 7 spots. 

Renounce or waive Birch briscoe Grant iwundu purvis vuc Ross. 

That's 78.71 committed in salary. 

Assuming a 104 million salary we'd have 25.29 to offer Kyrie. More if Butler gives back a little bit and they do a Durant deal. 1 year to get non bird rights then go over the cap the following year to give them true max contracts

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I'd like that. Butler is a competitor. It seems like he is upset with the lack of professionalism on the Wolves- he seems to like players who work hard and are serious about the game. Do you think he would have the same issues here? After all, our core is young- though I think also full of hard workers.

I just would be worried that he'd have some of the same feelings about our guys as he seems to have about his current teammates (especially KAT it seems).

3 minutes ago, Odin said:

I'd like that. Butler is a competitor. It seems like he is upset with the lack of professionalism on the Wolves- he seems to like players who work hard and are serious about the game. Do you think he would have the same issues here? After all, our core is young- though I think also full of hard workers.

I just would be worried that he'd have some of the same feelings about our guys as he seems to have about his current teammates (especially KAT it seems).

I don't know enough about towns and Wiggins to compare them to Gordon, Isaac, and Bamba.