magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

4 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Nah. I'm building with the mind that we've been riding this train beyond than we should. We got a nice core in AG/Isaac/Bamba. If a draft pick which with good health, probably will be lower lottery if anything, has to be added, do it.

Our goal with this young core with AG who's been here for a while shouldnt be about the next draft but how to play winning basketball. 

I'm not saying add a draft pick to the core. You can only have so many developmental guys. 

But trading a pick for a guy you can get in free agency is not having a pick to trade for someone else. 

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm not saying add a draft pick to the core. You can only have so many developmental guys. 

But trading a pick for a guy you can get in free agency is not having a pick to trade for someone else. 

There is no guarantee u get him in free agency 

11 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I would agree if he's in his mid 20's. Also I'm not ruling out the fact that another team may come in trade for him and convinces him to resign. That happens. Not desperate but a sense of urgency is needed and if you're talking about a lower lottery pick in a weak draft, the pros outweighs the cons imo.

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Also this philosophy applies only to kemba, really. 

I do see the value in trading for one of the future RFA point guards. 

Like who specifically?

1 hour ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Per ESPN, projected cap space for next year:

Lakers $25M

76ers $37M

Clippers $29M

Knicks $26M

Nets $36M

Bulls $35M

Mavs $55M

Pacers $56M

I doubt we'll be anyone's first choice in free agency.

which of those teams need a starting PG? We could be the leader of the pack for a starting PG spot with very lucrative salary. 

9 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

He got the minimum so basically everyone passed on him...

There was literally -no- risk for us to take a chance on him.

We have no starting caliber PG. He would have been an instant upgrade. If his injuries were too much and he wouldn't be able to play, or his performance was bad, it would have been a 1 year contract at the minimum, we'd be in the same position we are now, with no long term cap ramifications.

But if he was able to return to form and have success, we'd be better off with him.

There was literally no negative and only positives to signing Isaiah Thomas. And considering we aren't going to use this year's cap space on anything anyways, it's not like we had to pass on Thomas so that we could sign someone else.

Sorry, there's no convincing me that not signing him was a good move. Even if he was injured and didn't play a single game, or sucked when he did play, we would literally be no worse off than we are right now.

This was a bad move on the part of the front office. And I don't care about "length". There's more important things that go into a good basketball player than "length". Sounds like Al Davis and the Raiders with his "speed". *sigh*

59 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Ball

Really? I’d def go Russ. Much better shooter and still a good passer. I’m biased obviously with him being a buckeye Alum but I think he’d be great with AG/Issac/Bamba. 

9 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

There was literally -no- risk for us to take a chance on him.

We have no starting caliber PG. He would have been an instant upgrade. If his injuries were too much and he wouldn't be able to play, or his performance was bad, it would have been a 1 year contract at the minimum, we'd be in the same position we are now, with no long term cap ramifications.

But if he was able to return to form and have success, we'd be better off with him.

There was literally no negative and only positives to signing Isaiah Thomas. And considering we aren't going to use this year's cap space on anything anyways, it's not like we had to pass on Thomas so that we could sign someone else.

Sorry, there's no convincing me that not signing him was a good move. Even if he was injured and didn't play a single game, or sucked when he did play, we would literally be no worse off than we are right now.

This was a bad move on the part of the front office. And I don't care about "length". There's more important things that go into a good basketball player than "length". Sounds like Al Davis and the Raiders with his "speed". *sigh*

Nothing is ever no risk

• Upvote 1