magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

3 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

As has already been discussed, I.T. was going to be a potential hindrance to the development of our long-term players by his ball-dominant presence. Sure, he might push us to the playoffs, but the cost of long-term development was likely too much in a scenario where Thomas was looking to prove himself. 

I am not a very big fan of our point guard scenario right now, but as has already been said, we can address this in another season when we’re actually looking to compete for a legitimate shot at an eastern conference title. 

I’m still of the opinion I want Jameer Nelson to finish his career in an Orlando Magic uniform.  Would love him as a veteran presence and third PG perhaps next year. 

Kicking the can down the road...We need to stop doing that.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Magicman28 said:

Kicking the can down the road...We need to stop doing that.

Last time we decided to abort the long-term approach, we traded Victor Oladipo and a first round pick for Serge Ibaka because we wanted to go "win now" mode.

How did that work out for us? 

4 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Last time we decided to abort the long-term approach, we traded Victor Oladipo and a first round pick for Serge Ibaka because we wanted to go "win now" mode.

How did that work out for us? 

Right so don't trade away good young talent for declining players. 

23 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Why give up a bunch of stuff to get him when you could keep that stuff and get him anyway in a year

Per ESPN, projected cap space for next year:

Lakers $25M

76ers $37M

Clippers $29M

Knicks $26M

Nets $36M

Bulls $35M

Mavs $55M

Pacers $56M

I doubt we'll be anyone's first choice in free agency.

8 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

This^. Everything should be for sale except B I G

Nobody else has much trade value.

35 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Absolutely. Done with the draft. Considering next years is very weak, probably good timing to be done with it. 

LOL

yes, lets team build with 66% of the opportunities to do so as a max. thats a great idea ! thats the way to stop being a bottom feeder team, worked great for the Nets

2 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

LOL

yes, lets team build with 66% of the opportunities to do so as a max. thats a great idea ! thats the way to stop being a bottom feeder team, worked great for the Nets

How’s the last six years here any different 

37 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Absolutely. Done with the draft. Considering next years is very weak, probably good timing to be done with it. 

I mean, that's fine. I don't necessarily disagree. But you're still giving up an asset that can be better used to bring in another guy in addition to kemba. There's an opportunity cost to everything and you're building with a desperate mind. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Magicfan1987 said:

LOL

Right now we're building almost over 90% through draft for 5 years now. Gotta be able to make good trades too. Draft, FA signings, and trades, all are utilized in building. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I mean, that's fine. I don't necessarily disagree. But you're still giving up an asset that can be better used to bring in another guy in addition to kemba. There's an opportunity cost to everything and you're building with a desperate mind. 

Nah. I'm building with the mind that we've been riding this train beyond than we should. We got a nice core in AG/Isaac/Bamba. If a draft pick which with good health, probably will be lower lottery if anything, has to be added, do it.

Our goal with this young core with AG who's been here for a while shouldnt be about the next draft but how to play winning basketball. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2