magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

We could create ~14 million in cap space by stretching mozgov and Augustin next summer. Add that to a situation where we only have Gordon, Bamba, Isaac, and Fournier on the roster and we'd have at least enough for the big 10 year max. Though it's close. Not sure we could add a 10-16 pick to that and keep the 10 year max. 

We could keep the pick and offer a 7-9 year max though. Kemba would be this kind of free agent. 

Nets and Hawks swapped future 2nds in the Lin deal.

disappointing to see Lin get had for nothing and Thomas sign for next to nothing with our current point guard situation. No idea what the hell the plan is at the 1.

5 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Nets and Hawks swapped future 2nds in the Lin deal.

disappointing to see Lin get had for nothing and Thomas sign for next to nothing with our current point guard situation. No idea what the hell the plan is at the 1.

Both those dudes are coming off very serious injuries. I want an upgrade at PG but I understand why we didn’t pursue them.

7 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Both those dudes are coming off very serious injuries. I want an upgrade at PG but I understand why we didn’t pursue them.

I get that, but when the price tag of both those guys wound up basically being free, feel like we could’ve taken a flier on one of em.

52 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

Wait, IT got the minimum and we passed on him??

fml

He got the minimum so basically everyone passed on him...

• Upvote 1

Damn........Isaiah Thomas had his career ruined within 1 and half years.  ..............What a story this would make.  He should profit from this write a book.  

15 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

That Wiggins/Jones trade suggestion is interesting. 

Speaking of Timberwolves I am still lamenting pick  at #43 of J. Jackson over Bates-Diop especially comparing their summer league stats and career stats ....  I get that the jury is still out but I see a distinct possibility we may  have passed on a player, who dropped due to injury and AGE concerns, who fit what we are trying to build.  Taking a risk in the mid-40's on draft night not really a risk at all.  Hope J. Jackson not a bust because, early on, it looks like Bates-Diop will not be one

https://hoopshabit.com/2018/06/30/minnesota-timberwolves-3-reasons-keita-bates-diop-was-a-good-pick/