magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

What will probably hold this team back this coming season is the point guard situation. DJ is not really a starting point guard for a good team, and Grant is nothing more than a depth chart player. So unless we get some unexpected production from them I think that will be what will hold us back from becoming a 40 or win team. I still expect us to get into the 30 plus win range next season, but I'm not going wild with my predictions because Isaac and Bamba are having a good summer league. It's one thing to dominate players at the same or similar stage of their development, it's totally different when they come up against the Embiids and Jordan's of the center world, and the LeBrons and Goerges of the forward world. 

I'd say 35 wins is a realistic win count, with upside to add more if we have an all star breakout from AG and/or get unexpected point guard production.

I really want VUC away from Bamba. VUC does not seem like the type of guy who is going to mentor his replacement. This guy really believes he's a franchise cornerstone and an all star... I would rather trade him for someone like Fared and let Birch and Bamba man the C position.

30 minutes ago, jjgator said:

Gordon is making 76 mil? I thought it was 84. We really got a good price on him.

Apparently there's a bunch of incentives built in to his contract. Probably for all star and all NBA selections. They're currently listed as not likely due to Gordon not accomplishing it before. 

24 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Apparently there's a bunch of incentives built in to his contract. Probably for all star and all NBA selections. They're currently listed as not likely due to Gordon not accomplishing it before. 

Crazy that Zach Lavine will be making basically the same money as Gordon.

28 minutes ago, Odin said:

I really don’t think it’s that crazy. Lavine had a really strong 16-17 averaging 19 a game and shooting 38% from 3. That contract is about what I would expect from a young, athletic guard who can score the basketball. Obviously he’s coming off injury so that dings him a bit but the money seems about right maybe a few million higher than expected. 

Dont get me wrong I’d rather have AG mainly because Lavine is a pretty 1 dimensional player. He doesn’t do much of anything other than score and he’s not an overly efficient scorer. But I’m not that surprised a team would pay him close to that. 

Chicago should have just given him a real offer before he went and got one from a team like Sac. They probably could have locked him up for around 70 had they offered him first. That’s what most their fans seemed upset about. 

On 7/9/2018 at 10:10 AM, Catalina Maria said:

Anfernee Simons is balling! He maybe someone to keep an eye out for in a couple years if we don’t get Kemba.

That’d be cool, I went to high school with him. 

22 minutes ago, Odin said:

Seriously! Mad respect for AG