magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

36 minutes ago, 0rland0fan said:

OK.  So roster as it is currently with the guys we have signed- How many wins does everyone think we're good for this season?  This is barring any injuries (knock on wood/fingers crossed)

I say we get to 39 wins this coming season.

If Isaac is gonna be our Durant, and Bamba is our Westbrook, I expect one more year deep in the lottery to draft our Harden.

I am not comparing these players, I know Westbrook and Bamba are no where the same. Just saying if they give the same type of impact that Durant, and Westbrook did for the Thunder (poor Seattle). Bottom 5 finish.

Just now, My 5th Rebuild said:

If Isaac is gonna be our Durant, and Bamba is our Westbrook, I expect one more year deep in the lottery to draft our Harden.

I am not comparing these players, I know Westbrook and Bamba are no where the same. Just saying if they give the same type of impact that Durant, and Westbrook did for the Thunder (poor Seattle). Gonna say finish in the bottom 5.

What about AG?

I don’t see how this team can be 15+ wins better. I think people are getting a tad to swept up by summer league. They would need a Kemba type signing to win 15+ more games. 

8-10 more wins seems realistic. Issac still has to prove he can withstand an 82 game season. Bamba just turned 20. Even if he’s good he’s going to have good and bad games and make plenty of mistakes. We still don’t have a PG. We’re still gonna struggle to score at times. 

We have reason to be optimistic but I wouldn’t be expecting 40 wins next year or you’ll probably be letdown. 

13 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I don’t see how this team can be 15+ wins better. I think people are getting a tad to swept up by summer league. They would need a Kemba type signing to win 15+ more games. 

8-10 more wins seems realistic. Issac still has to prove he can withstand an 82 game season. Bamba just turned 20. Even if he’s good he’s going to have good and bad games and make plenty of mistakes. We still don’t have a PG. We’re still gonna struggle to score at times. 

We have reason to be optimistic but I wouldn’t be expecting 40 wins next year or you’ll probably be letdown. 

I don't think it's unfathomable considering the injuries we incurred last season, our talented young core has another offseason of growth, and Vogel is gone.

56 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

We are making the playoff this year

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Not a normal season. We missed more games from our opening day 9 man rotation than any other team in the league by a large margin

Wait, we have a Durant and a Westbrook on our team already???

(This is what I was talking about with fanboyism. There is no way we have Durant or Westbrook level players, in any sense of the word. Our guys we have won't even develop to that level of talent.)