magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

1 minute ago, Magicpassion said:

I could be wrong but if Boston is going to lose him for nothing maybe the price may not be as high as people think

That's not how Boston operates. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Magicpassion said:

I could be wrong but if Boston is going to lose him for nothing maybe the price may not be as high as people think

Boston won’t lose him for nothing though. He’s restricted. Ainge has a plan I know that much. We should just move on to another team to work a deal out with. 

4 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Boston won’t lose him for nothing though. He’s restricted. Ainge has a plan I know that much. We should just move on to another team to work a deal out with. 

Ainge is like the Lakers used to be, always coming out ahead on deals.

29 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

That's not how Boston operates. 

Yeah, I think Boston would prefer to just lose the player than to be seen losing a deal. It sets up a situation where if another team wants to make a deal, they know that they need to offer Boston something good otherwise Boston will not accept it at all. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

To get Rozier it's probably got to be Simmons and two firsts. 

Too high of a price which is what Ainge does.  Anyone givlng Boston a first round pick, and they  usually demand two,  always loses.  Best move would be to extend a contract offer next year and force Ainge to make a decision about an RFA.  Force him to spend money he may not want to.  Take him out of his comfort zone if that is possible..  Unlikely to happen because they have, potentially, 4 first round picks next year and can address PG in the draft. Pp

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

To get Rozier it's probably got to be Simmons and two firsts. 

I think it would be much better to trade Simmons to someone who would give up first round pick for him.

Then when we get to the point to possibly sign Rozier we have both caps space and an extra first round pick.

Better than: a) trading Simmons+picks for Rozier or b) just waiting for Rozier to become RFA

We need to keep making positive moves, thats how you get into position where Boston is. Luckily for us Weltman is doing exactly this so far. Making good moves where we are in better position afterwards longterm.

Any news on Kemba’s situation? I get the since that they are going to keep him and compete for a playoff run this year.

Is Rodney Purvis under contract? Seen a couple of sites that say he is but I thought he just got a deal until the end of the season? If he is under contract I make It that we currently have 15 guys with Jackson yet to sign a deal. Think there'll be quite a battle in preseason for the last roster spot.

Double post but thought I just had: lots of mid tier guys took 1 year deals this summer because next summer there's more capspace. But there are also a lot of marquee free agents next summer so the mid level guys might still be affordable.

4 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

Is your friend franchise1234?

I love it. I've been here for almost 15 years now, and after all that time I get compared to a troll and called contrarian for having an opposing opinion

1 hour ago, random said:

I think it would be much better to trade Simmons to someone who would give up first round pick for him.

Simmons is most valuable to contenders, meaning any 1st you’d get for him would almost definitely be a late teens - twenties pick. If we deal him, I’d want a deal like the Rozier one, if not, I’d rather just keep him.

2 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

I love it. I've been here for almost 15 years now, and after all that time I get compared to a troll and called contrarian for having an opposing opinion

You’re good. I remember you :)