magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

1 minute ago, Magicpassion said:

Makes sense if he’s unrestricted. If he’s restricted then we capture the leverage, but you’re right it could get pricy.

He's restricted during an off-season where half the league has an avenue to rookie max cap space. He's one of the only "proven" point guards under the age of 25. 

He'll get $100 million from somebody. 

2 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I was thinking Vuch’s expiring and  Oklahoma first , maybe a second but beyond that is a little rich for my blood

We can't salary match with vucevic. 

There's no upside for Boston there. They aren't going to trade unless there's a clear benefit to them

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

We can't salary match with vucevic. 

There's no upside for Boston there. They aren't going to trade unless there's a clear benefit to them

Thats what our stance should be too. Lets do trades that make sense, Weltman keeps preaching patience.

Just now, Magicpassion said:

We may have to take something back

They have no bad contracts. It's all their stars and guys on rookie deals 

18 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Which is a hard no for me. I like Rozier but are we completely sure he’s a franchise PG? 

If you do a deal like that he has to be. 

I think he's worth a shot but I'm not breaking the bank for the dude. Trying not to have the typical playoff blinders on and end up with a Biz contract again.

3 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Then perhaps a third team gets involved

To take what? Boston has no negative value players so you're going to have to pay for Rozier, the second player involved in the deal that's assuredly Morris, and pay another team to take vucevic's contract. 

2 minutes ago, Malik Buttface said:

I think he's worth a shot but I'm not breaking the bank for the dude. Trying not to have the typical playoff blinders on and end up with a Biz contract again.

Yup. 

But you don't get him without breaking the bank. 

If there really is a glut of point guards in the NBA, we should be able to land a decent one next summer as one of the only teams with an open starting spot. This was just a bad summer to need a starting PG.