magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, Justin Jaudon said:

The great thing about consistently hitting singles is that when you do hit a home run, the bases are often loaded.

Great analogy. You went with sticking to the baseball terminology and I thought you were done with only swinging for the fences if we get an easy one over the plate but then you add in this gem. It makes so much sense and quite funny to boot.

27 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Sorry, wife, I can't help with dinner. I need to figure out how much salary cap space the magic have 358 days from now. 

dishes.will.break.

29 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I think we may be misunderstanding each other. I'm excited about Orlando's future. I just don't think we'll be spending a bunch of money next off-season, even if we have it. I'm expecting patience, and that's okay with me.

I tend to agree with your assessment. No need to spend money just because you have it. It must be the right signing.

19 minutes ago, chosen12 said:

Yes Sir, I did misunderstand. 

What I am really excited about with this FO is, they keep pulling rabbits out of the hat!

I see all of the short, 2 year deals and the type of players that they are targeting and I like it. They were forced to make lemonade, with less than a half of a lemon when they arrived. 

I think if we have 30 mill of cap space with a FO that truly has a solid plan in place, we just may see the return of the Shaq and Penny years....this time fulfilled!

Now, I don't think that will happen in 2018/19, but I think we will turn some heads.

I like these guys!!!

so well have a 30 mil spot in 19 and another 30 mil spot in 20 if my non mathimatically based assumptions are correct

18 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

#priorites

You got that one right. If I didn't cook I wouldn't eat. My wife does  all the other chores though so I can honestly say I get off real easy on that. I love to cook anyways so I can't complain.

Just now, Magicfan1987 said:

so well have a 30 mil spot in 19 and another 30 mil spot in 20 of my non mathimatically based assumptions are correct

You know my friend, I depend greatly on the cap cruncher here on this board (with respect) I tend to get very uninspired doing the math!

But from what I have read, that approx 30 mill will be there for the 2019/20 season. When Vuc, TRoss come off the books, along with Grants 2.9 mill, gets us some where in the area of 29-30 mill in cap space. When was the last time we were able to say that? LOL

20 minutes ago, chosen12 said:

You know my friend, I depend greatly on the cap cruncher here on this board (with respect) I tend to get very uninspired doing the math!

But from what I have read, that approx 30 mill will be there for the 2019/20 season. When Vuc, TRoss come off the books, along with Grants 2.9 mill, gets us some where in the area of 29-30 mill in cap space. When was the last time we were able to say that? LOL

and then (2020) mozgov comes off which is 16 mil Augustine at 7 and Simmons at 6. thats 29 mil. itll be time to resign isaac and think about offering bamba an extension then and trading AG for a really nice guard.

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Magicfan1987 said:

and then (2020) mozgov comes off which is 16 mil Augustine at 7 and Simmons at 6. thats 29 mil. itll be time to resign isaac and think about offering bamba an extension then and trading AG for a really nice guard.

Unless we sign the guard in free agency. 2019 will feature all star point guards Kemba Walker and Kyrie Irving. If we want a serviceable veteran there's Jeff Teague and Goran Dragic. There's then the shooting guard class headed by Klay Thompson and Jimmy Butler. I doubt we get Kyrie, Thompson or Butler, but we should have a chance at one of the others.

This is even pushing aside our 2019 draft pick which could be anything from another high pick to late lottery. 

The only time we need to trade Gordon is if his development stagnates or we end up drafting a better player, but if neither scenario occurs we should be fairly happy with our young front court. Let's focus on the draft and free agency to fill those guard spots.

20 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Wow! Just Wow.....!

7 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

yeah i dunno about trading AG for a guard i was just saying that to be spicy lol

LOL..... I would for once see one of our original draft picks retire in a Magic Uni!