magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

2 minutes ago, jjgator said:

I'm pretty sure it's a technical math term.

Well, whatever it is, I enjoyed it! Hope you don't mind if I use it periodically ?? LOL

4 minutes ago, chosen12 said:

Well, whatever it is, I enjoyed it! Hope you don't mind if I use it periodically ?? LOL

It's Franchise408's I was gonna start using it though.

6 minutes ago, chosen12 said:

Well Sir, I do understand how you have come to your determination(s) here, but what I think is missing is that the bad deals such as the VO trade that brought back a Serge Ebaka that did not care to be here in the end!

Reversing the Biz contract even in the slightest amount is, in my estimation a win. Now Sir, if at the end of this season, we are in the area of 30 mill in cap space, I would further suggest that we are in a far better place than what the previous management team would have left us.

Now add to that a team/player friendly contract with AG, and the blueprint that the current FO has set in place........ looks great to me, I can't wait to see what these minds do when they have real $$ to spend.

I wouldn't get too excited. The reason this FO is so much better than the last is that they don't seem the type to spend money just to spend it. We'll more likely keep our options open and build through smart contracts and good moves... hopefully... unless something major falls to us. I could see us trying to make noise in 2020 or 2021 FA. Not so much next year.

14 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I wouldn't get too excited. The reason this FO is so much better than the last is that they don't seem the type to spend money just to spend it. We'll more likely keep our options open and build through smart contracts and good moves... hopefully... unless something major falls to us. I could see us trying to make noise in 2020 or 2021 FA. Not so much next year.

Well, I am not sure if by agreeing that this FO is pulling our fat out of the flame, is just not exciting enough for you?

It is possible that being down as long as we have, that it becomes complicated to get excited about anything that they do. Especially if you believe that all gains made will ultimately, at some point come crashing to the floor again, and we are back into the Ground Hog Day experience.

Understandable, but I think we are turning a corner, and soon will wash the bad after taste left behind by Henny and company, will be nothing MORE than bad memories! 

However, I do respect your position.

1 minute ago, chosen12 said:

Well, I am not sure if by agreeing that this FO is pulling our fat out of the flame, is just not exciting enough for you?

It is possible that being down as long as we have, that it becomes complicated to get excited about anything that they do. Especially if you believe that all gains made will ultimately, at some point come crashing to the floor again, and we are back into the Ground Day experience.

Understandable, but I think we are turning a corner, and soon will wash the bad after taste left behind by Henny and company, will be nothing MORE than bad memories! 

this was so thoughtful dude

#puremagic

I concur

15 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

HOMEWORK!!!!!!!!

Sorry, wife, I can't help with dinner. I need to figure out how much salary cap space the magic have 358 days from now. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, chosen12 said:

It is possible that being down as long as we have, that it becomes complicated to get excited about anything that they do. Especially if you believe that all gains made will ultimately, at some point come crashing to the floor again, and we are back into the Ground Hog Day experience.

I think we may be misunderstanding each other. I'm excited about Orlando's future. I just don't think we'll be spending a bunch of money next off-season, even if we have it. I'm expecting patience, and that's okay with me.

Just now, Justin Jaudon said:

I think we may be misunderstanding each other. I'm excited about Orlando's future. I just don't think we'll be spending a bunch of money next off-season, even if we have it. I'm expecting patience, and that's okay with me.

Yes Sir, I did misunderstand. 

What I am really excited about with this FO is, they keep pulling rabbits out of the hat!

I see all of the short, 2 year deals and the type of players that they are targeting and I like it. They were forced to make lemonade, with less than a half of a lemon when they arrived. 

I think if we have 30 mill of cap space with a FO that truly has a solid plan in place, we just may see the return of the Shaq and Penny years....this time fulfilled!

Now, I don't think that will happen in 2018/19, but I think we will turn some heads.

I like these guys!!!