magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

2 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Totally disagree that one of these three cannot become a #1 scoring option.  Unless you are clairvoyant you are guessing.  Isaac was  defined as a player with possibly the highest ceiling in last year's draft.  Looked to be playing point forward Friday night.  It will not be this year but he would be my best guess as a #1 scoring option on this current roster.  Would I love to add another possibility, absolutely yes,  but unless we get lucky in the draft, that better come in a trade or FA (like Kemba).  I liked what I saw of the offense I saw on Friday night.

It's Summer League. It literally means nothing.

18 minutes ago, Odin said:

If you can get that guy that is actually better, fine.

Isaiah Thomas isn’t that guy though.

Insert more of those laughing emoji's here.

I feel the fanboyism is super high to believe that Gordon or Osaac are better scorers than Thomas.

14 minutes ago, LaVar said:

Didn't know we needed to use mle to sign our own draft pick 

We didn't. I haven't seen a good explanation as to why we did this though.   

Have we signed Jackson? I know he's not at summer league is that just shoulder rehab?

Edit: found a Denton tweet he's in Vegas just not playing for shoulder rehab. I imagine he'll get a camp invite and we'll see about a contract from there.

10 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

I feel the fanboyism is super high to believe that Gordon or Osaac are better scorers than Thomas.

Last season, Gordon was virtually equal per 36, but more efficient . Even inefficient Gordon was basically just as good a scorer. Gordon is Young and should improve. Thomas is older and injured, less likely to bounce back.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

I think basically everyone is a better scorer than Isaiah Thomas right now.

26 minutes ago, Odin said:

1. We don’t need the PG position fixed this year. They just need to be serviceable and give us different looks. We can address it next year if we aren’t able to this year.

I disagree 110%. We desperately need to.

15 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

Why are we doing this?

So we get full Bird rights on them and have a cheap 3rd year instead of having to pay a deal like Fred Van Vleet just got

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I disagree 110%. We desperately need to.

If there’s no long term solution we don’t. Why do we need the Pg position fixed now? Are we competing for a title this year?

I’d like a long term PG of the future but if it doesn’t happen it doesn’t happen. Opportunities could happen once the year starts and at the deadline too. 

Not every hole on this roster was gonna get fixed this summer. That was never a realistic option and no one should have expected that. 

2 hours ago, Odin said:

1. We don’t need the PG position fixed this year. They just need to be serviceable and give us different looks. We can address it next year if we aren’t able to this year.

2. Mozgov is most likely only getting injury minutes, unless someone else is traded. He doesn’t really matter to the rotation.

That is beside the point. This move doesn't do anything for the future. I don't dislike it but it was more of a lateral move. This move doesn’t placed us in any better financial position to go after another PG next year. 

1. I dont entirely disagree with your point here as I think Grant is decent enough to be possible our future back up PG. Like I said before, I dont think we are done if we are truly considering going after another PG next year. We need to create more cap space. 

2. Exactly my point. 16 millions on a guy that will not be on our rotation is pretty much a Lateral move. In my opinion, Biz and 2 second rounders are more valuable than Mozgov But the fact we got Grant on a decent contract did level the field. 

We can all agree that this was more of a MEH... move.