magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

12 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

You don't know anything about Mozgov? Let me help: he's worse than Biz and should be getting 82 DNPs next season.

Which he will be getting plenty of DNP’s. I’d rather see Mosgov in a suit at the end of the bench than watch Biz flail a wide open pass off his knees and out of bounds. Let Bamba and Birch get those minutes. 

31 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

You’d rather Biz play and take minutes from Birch and Bamba rather than have Mosgov just ride pine?

Id rather have Grant than a second round pick 2 years from now. We need PG help and he’s worth kicking the tires on. 

see RLPs post. gave up both of those 2nd round picks. AT BEST it's a lateral movement.

I think Biz was moved because of Clifford, plain and simple. There was no logical or urgent reason to trade Biz right this second. 

Just woke up. Reasons this move is good: 

Biyombo is gone opening up the rotation at Centre. 

Saves us some money (however small) over the next 2 year's. 

Those 2 2nd rounders are almost worthless and with either one you'd be lucky to draft a player who could contribute at a decent level for even 1 season. (At worst what we're getting from Grant) 

With this move we get a rotation PG without having to lock one in to a long term contract 

1 year trial of a guard that fits our system and potentially is about to enter the prime of his career

Mozogov is basically worthless but at least he's a different look at center.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Getting Birch minutes is a big thing for me. He could develop into a solid back up big and before this trade we probably weren't going to get the chance to see if he had what it takes. Give him 20-25 minutes and see what we have, I'm confident he has a place in this league with the right coaching and opportunities.

No reason to be thrilled or sad about this trade.

It was an ok move, basically a free shot at a young PG.

I had Jerian on my fantasy team for a good chunk of last season and he can rack up assists but is an incredibly unspectacular player. There's always chance for improvement so I'm cool with it

Mozgov will be just a contract and shouldn't play at all. Opens up minutes at C which is good

• Upvote 1

Would you trade Vuc for Faried? 

Similar deals, Faried could use change of scenery. Still think Faried can play.

Not much options for a Vuc trade.

Weltman mentioned Mozgov was a quality guy, I know GMs will often say that when they get someone that may not be playing a lot, but if that's true I see that as a nice positive, small, but still a good thing none the less. I've mentioned many times about how we need to get the culture and locker room in the right place and bringing in quality people is an important thing.

I remember watching other teams benches during the year after big plays and them going nuts and seemed to genuinely enjoy each other but then see ours after a similar play and you could just tell there was nothing there.

I'm liking all these small things the FO is doing to slowly get us back on track. If you look at them all individually you might say they are nothing moves but I think it's not giving them enough credit. Not picking up Mario's option was a mistake, we all know that but since then I've liked seeing what they are doing. The AG front loaded contract was great, his last season will be the same amount as what Biz is earning. Deal looks even better after seeing what Lavine got.

I feel good about where we are going. I'm a realistic and patient person and I know we won't be a contender overnight and that's ok with me. There was no quick way out of this. We couldn't address ALL our holes (and there were A LOT) in one draft or offseason. Trae Young or IT wouldn't have magically made us relevant overnight. Grant doesn't either but at least he is in the mould of a PG we want running this team (like 4tw mentioned) and that's a good thing. I honestly felt like fixing our starting C was more important than our PG, and I feel like we could of only realistically focused on one of them and I'm delighted we've walked away with Bamba.

• Upvote 2

Guys, whoever is disappointed, you have to remember that pieces that we used here in no way at all impact our chances of signing another player. Actually gives us some extra money this year. Whoever we wanted to sign we still can. Also all trades we discussed are still available.

We moved a piece noone even proposed in any trades, and got a player that we can confidently play some minutes at PG.

This trade has no negative impact on our future FA signings and trades this or future off seasons. It only makes as less desperate to fill PG hole. Win win.

• Upvote 1

I’m fine with the trade in a vacuum, as I think Grant can be serviceable. However, nobody is mentioning the obvious, that Vooch probably now stays. This gives me a belly ache.