magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

All of the sudden we need to address EVERY need to team has in this off season.  Otherwise, even if we make small improvements, we still suck and Ham&Welt don't know what they're doing.  I'm all for making big moves, but I'm more into making smart moves.  Just gotta be patient.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

One thing being lost in this is Biz>>>>>>>>Mozgov

Birch isn’t far off from Biyombo in my opinion- if not better. Mozgov isn’t getting anything more than injury minutes most likely. It is really back up (3-rd string) over paid center for back up PG with some potential.

This isn’t a great steal or anything. But it is a good move where everyone gets something they can use.

1 minute ago, 0rland0fan said:

All of the sudden we need to address EVERY need to team has in this off season.  Otherwise, even if we make small improvements, we still suck and Ham&Welt don't know what they're doing.  I'm all for making big moves, but I'm more into making smart moves.  Just gotta be patient.

We've needed a starting PG for a while now.

Just now, Magicman28 said:

We've needed a starting PG for a while now.

But the fact that our FO isn't willing to give up the farm for one is an encouraging thing.  

12 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

If this is it, it's disappointing.

I get the Biz portion but we better be working on another deal for a starting PG.

Josh Robbins is indicating this was the move at PG. If that’s true then I have lost a LOT of faith in Weltham.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I'm missing something.  The pg we just received got the most mpg of his career last year, managed an almost 4/1 ast/to ratio, shot over .320 from 3, and apparently has a defense first reputation.  I get he isn't an all-star, but that's a pretty good return on Biz, right?  No cap relief... But hard to get that at this point.

• Like 1

Some people can’t be pleased and apparently don’t understand you don’t fix a bottom feeder trash team in 1 trade or 1 draft. Trust the process. Let it happen. This move made us slightly better and saved us a little money. 

Idk why people are complaining. It’s just a little move with little risk with possibly a little reward. Who cares? This isn’t gonna be the last move we make before the season starts. 

R-E-L-A-X 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Just now, Wilbur said:

I'm missing something.  The pg we just received got the most mpg of his career last year, managed an almost 4/1 ast/to ratio, shot over .320 from 3, and apparently has a defense first reputation.  I get he isn't an all-star, but that's a pretty good return on Biz, right?  No cap relief... But hard to get that at this point.

It is. Some people just can’t be pleased and think Rome was built overnight. 

1 hour ago, Nyce_1 said:

So is Vuc staying now? No chance th, ey rely on Mozgov to mentor Bamba. 

Oh, please. . .No! I don't know anything about Mozgov, but I don't want Vuc mentoring anyone. What's he going to teach Bamba to do--pout when he can't get playing time or minutes? Oh, I forgot, he's going to teach him how to grab rebounds.

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

It is. Some people just can’t be pleased and think Rome was built overnight. 

THIS!! This is what I've been trying to say my last few posts. Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Miller4Prez66 said:

Josh Robbins is indicating this was the move at PG. If that’s true then I have lost a LOT of faith in Weltham.

It’s fine. We have a vet in DJ and two young guys with potential as stop-gap PGs. It puts us in a position where we don’t need to make a bad move just to get a PG.