magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

8 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I like this deal in a lot of ways, but I do fear it points to us being stuck with Vucevic for another year.

Clifford is a defensive coach, maybe he'll pull Vuc if he doesn't play D.

2 minutes ago, jjgator said:

Clifford is a defensive coach, maybe he'll pull Vuc if he doesn't play D.

People shouldn’t worry so much about Vuch. He’s on his way out either way. He’s not going to play if he doesn’t play D. We might just waive him. 

Enjoy that we just got rid of one of the worst free agent signings in Magic history and bring in a PG with some intrigue and a center that’s won a title and can catch a pass. 

This is a win/win. 

6 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

A champion mentor for Bamba and a point guard with upside for a player many thought was untradeable, good deal

He averaged 1.2 ppg on 1.2 attempts/g  and 1.6 rpg in 5.8 mpg that postseason.

5 minutes ago, jjgator said:

He averaged 1.2 ppg on 1.2 attempts/g  and 1.6 rpg in 5.8 mpg that postseason.

Oh Stop!  We saved money getting Mozgov.  We also received a young defensive PG that fits the timeline of our young core.  It's a smart move negating the many dumb moves made by Henny and Co.  

Also, Birch does that Biz did.  He was duplicate talent.

• Upvote 1

So we saved $1M this season and $500k next plus we get a year of Jerian Grant and his RFA rights next summer for Biz? If that’s the deal it’s a pretty good one given the lack of production we expected from Biz this year and our need at PG. 

6 minutes ago, 0rland0fan said:

Oh Stop!  We saved money getting Mozgov.  We also received a young defensive PG that fits the timeline of our young core.  It's a smart move negating the many dumb moves made by Henny and Co.  

Also, Birch does that Biz did.  He was duplicate talent.

I'm not saying it was a bad trade, I'm just saying calling Mozgov a champion mentor is a little much.

This trade was to save some money and get Grant. I’d personally take Mosgov over Biz because Biz was just about useless to me. If I watched one more game with him fumbling the ball off his hands out of bounds I might have thrown up my dinner. 

2 minutes ago, jjgator said:

I'm not saying it was a bad trade, I'm just saying calling Mozgov a champion mentor is a little much.

I got you.  You're right.  "Champion/Mentor" may be the equivalent of calling a homeless person a "full-time outdoorsman". lol!!