magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Lavar already came out and said he would be alright with Lonzo playing in a smaller market. I remember him specifically naming Milwaukee. 

Lonzo would absolutely flourish playing with Issac, Bamba and AG. Let’s see how upset Lavar is when his son averages over 10 assists in his sleep playing for the magic. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Keith Smith
@KeithSmithNBA
Latest buzz here in Las Vegas is that Isaiah Thomas and the Orlando Magic have met, but couldn't come to agreement on a deal. Both sides left it open to talk again later, as free agency develops for both the Magic and Thomas.
2:20 PM · Jul 7, 2018

4 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Keith Smith
@KeithSmithNBA
Latest buzz here in Las Vegas is that Isaiah Thomas and the Orlando Magic have met, but couldn't come to agreement on a deal. Both sides left it open to talk again later, as free agency develops for both the Magic and Thomas.

We'll see what happens. Lot of FA still left to go.

1 hour ago, Gordon MVP said:

My bad, misread your post. We agree!

Yeah, the "look at that stupid organization imploding from within" attention. The only reason LA isn't laughing stock of the NBA with the lavar show is because they're the lakers. We would be the laughing stock of the NBA. 

Just think, we became completely insignificant over the course of the past 6 seasons on our own, we really don't need help returning to that.  

44 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Keith Smith
@KeithSmithNBA

I appreciate, unlike previous management, that the FO is willing to wait to get a player at the price they believe the player is worth. Very shrewd spending will go a long way in creating leverage on our roster. 

1 hour ago, ~O~ said:

But...we already are?!   rofl.  Even  when the Magic were great, we weren't taken seriously by various media outlets.  They hated having to report about us.  

Well, they hated having to report about us because................. Dwight (before he lost his mind) and Jameer and SVG kept killing Cleveland and the Labrons! 

Yes it is true that we didn't get the respect that we were due, but neither did San Antonio, and many other small market teams, until they established a wining culture and earned their respect.

Let's  not forget, it wasn't just the crazy things our players did or did not do, we had management issues that at times were nightmares! Aka, Gilbert Areanas, Otis Smith, the Hockey Guy, to name a few!

1 hour ago, Franchise408 said:

The Lakers organization kind of is in shambles. Even with LeBron there, nobody wants to go play there right now. Even Khawi came out and said the Clippers are his preferred LA team.

That rumor also stated that the reason he prefers the Clippers is because Kawhi wants to be the man, not a sidekick like he would be on the Lakers with LeBron.

It is worth noting that Woj disagrees with this and says that Kawhi's preference is to pair with LeBron on the Lakers.

At the minute I don't think Kawhi has said publicly which teams he will and won't consider. It's just been hearsay and the leaks his team (mainly his uncle) are giving the media.

So I wouldn't say nobody wants to go to the Lakers. PG wanted to stay in OKC and they didn't want Cousins. Not like anyone major has shunned them. 

1 hour ago, Franchise408 said:

The Lakers organization kind of is in shambles. Even with LeBron there, nobody wants to go play there right now. Even Khawi came out and said the Clippers are his preferred LA team.

The Lakers are also a different situation from the Magic. The Lakers have always thrived off of media attention as it is anyways. Being the premiere team in LA, media attention is kind of their gig. So Lavar has less of an effect there.

Try him in small town Orlando. He's gonna act like Lonzo is too good to be playing in a market like that on a team like the Magic. I can already see him constantly causing strife with the organization, coaches, and teammates. Didn't we do this song and dance already with Shaq, T-Mac, and Dwight? Players who got their egos too big for the small pond?

PLEASE, NO MORE DWIGHT DRAMA!!!!!!

I believe there was more drama surrounding Dwight than Shaq and T-Mac. Dwight was about will he or won't he stay in Orlando, where he wanted to be traded and nasty "he said, he said" among Dwight, Stan, and Alex. It dragged out way too long.

truemagicfan07saywhat.gif 

2 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Lavar already came out and said he would be alright with Lonzo playing in a smaller market. I remember him specifically naming Milwaukee. 

Lonzo would absolutely flourish playing with Issac, Bamba and AG. Let’s see how upset Lavar is when his son averages over 10 assists in his sleep playing for the magic. 

I respectfully disagree, We need shooting real, real bad and I don’t believe Lonzo will ever be a very good shooter with his unorthodox shooting motion. I don’t see B.I.G ever shooting better then 35% from 3, hopefully I’m wrong but if I’m not our 1 and 2 need to shoot in the high 30s to early 40s. We are currently a very poor shooting team as constructed.