magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

12 hours ago, Nyce_1 said:

yeah, he also says it would be tough to sign a player with different motives than developing the young guys. To no fault of his own, IT looking to prove himself and cash in next summer. 

I still hope they're waiting on Ball/Laker situation. Ball would be a great piece to grow with our core.

I think it's funny that the people who are against IT because of "developing our young guys" want Lonzo. Lonzo is a package deal with Lavar, and Lavar is the absolute WORST thing that could possibly happen to a small market, growing, rebuilding team. I wouldn't touch Ball with a 10 foot pole. Want nothing to do with that family.

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Hearing Kyler say that talks with IT fell apart just makes me think we’re gonna sign him today...

I hope so. Hearing that talk that its fizzling out is about the worst news I could hear as a Magic fan (this side of trading for Lonzo)

17 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

I hope so. Hearing that talk that its fizzling out is about the worst news I could hear as a Magic fan (this side of trading for Lonzo)

I completely agree! I think one of the most problematic issues facing Ball, and having him in this environment is his father and his constant need to make news. Not a great place for him at all, outside of that Ball could possibly contribute to a team like this. 

I really don't see this FO going after Ball for those reasons, and that's sad.

25 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Really good job here. Besides complaining he wasn't free, can't say anything bad about this deal. A+ for our FO.

First Simmons, now AG; I'm trusting them with FA negotiations. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Really good job here. Besides complaining he wasn't free, can't say anything bad about this deal. A+ for our FO.

First Simmons, now AG; I'm trusting them with FA negotiations. 

I agree with you my friend, I also can not complain about their talent evaluations and making the $$ match!

I was impressed with the J Simmons deal last year, but this appears to be how they operate! Good for us!!!

33 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Wow. This is obviously good for both the team and Gordon (time value of money for him, cap space later when the team needs it). This deal has just all around been good and reasonable for both sides.

By the end of that deal, he will be cheaper than 1 year of biz.

1 hour ago, chosen12 said:

I completely agree! I think one of the most problematic issues facing Ball, and having him in this environment is his father and his constant need to make news. Not a great place for him at all, outside of that Ball could possibly contribute to a team like this. 

I really don't see this FO going after Ball for those reasons, and that's sad.

Thats not sad at all its the right thing to do not to bring cancerous people into our lockeroom. 

1 hour ago, Franchise408 said:

I think it's funny that the people who are against IT because of "developing our young guys" want Lonzo. Lonzo is a package deal with Lavar, and Lavar is the absolute WORST thing that could possibly happen to a small market, growing, rebuilding team. I wouldn't touch Ball with a 10 foot pole. Want nothing to do with that family.

Please explain how Lavar hindered the development of the Lakers and how he would do that here?

10 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Thats not sad at all its the right thing to do not to bring cancerous people into our lockeroom. 

Well Sir, we do agree that not bringing the kid here for those reasons, is the right thing to do!

What is sad is, the kid is just starting his career, and his Dad (at no fault to the kid) has already damaged him. That is what I call sad.

10 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Please explain how Lavar hindered the development of the Lakers and how he would do that here?

Are you seriously asking me how Lavar Ball could be detrimental to the culture of a young and developing locker room?

Have you watched ANY sports news the last year and a half or so?

I think Lavar is excellent for bringing media recognition to the Orlando Magic organization.  Even though he says the most ridiculous things with a straight face, its better than nothing.  At least we'd have more relevance than Magic Johnson.  

2 hours ago, Nyce_1 said:

If the ball will be in JI and AG's hands more, I'd prefer a PG that can do more off-ball. Someone that can contribute to winning without being ball dominant and still help our guys' development. 

Not so sure about JI yet, but we will be better with the ball in AG's hands less, not more.  A PG that can defend and hit 3's is what we want, just like everyone else.