magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, Mack1085 said:

Yes. I said RFA rights. Someone offers him $20M or more and you either match at an inflated price or you let him walk. No thank you.

It matters his play with us as a starter. 

3 minutes ago, LaVar said:

It matters his play with us as a starter. 

Only somewhat. Regardless of his play, if you don't sign him you gave away the potential #4 pick for him. I like Rozier. I'd trade for Rozier. But I wouldn't give up an asset like top-3 protected first for him on a one year deal heading into RFA in a summer where I think good players could get paid as if they were great players due to the abundance of cap space.

50 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

We will see as the Summer League games ensue but I think Isaac and/or Bamba will be in the starting lineup.  PG is a ? at this point.  I do not see the above lineup even with IT creating excitement and selling tickets.  PG, Ross or Fournier, Isaac, Gordon and Bamba creates excitement and hope and sells tickets.  This year, especially who starts,  should be about the future not the past.

And the future should be about not playing guys before they are ready and asking them to take on responsibilities and roles they aren't ready for.

*I'm not saying Bamba and Isaac *aren't* ready to start. I'm just saying, we shouldnt force them in if they arent yet.

And it's exactly the reason why I want IT here. I think he allows our guys to play a much more natural and appropriate role, and not have to carry more of a burden than they should be.

Also, the idea of Vuc and Ross starting, gives us some excitement off the bench with Isaac and Bamba. I feel like with that rotation, we wouldn't lose much when some of the 2nd unit come in.

1 hour ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

TJ McConnell might be a cheap get from Philly

I think they'd rather waive Bayless than lose TJ. 

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yep.

I have been reviewing their ratings though and I have come to decide that their ratings are off. For example, it thinks Westbrook is more valuable than Curry or Durant. Or KAT is more valuable than Anthony Davis. There seem to be some glaring issues with how they rate player's performance.

14 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

And the future should be about not playing guys before they are ready and asking them to take on responsibilities and roles they aren't ready for.

*I'm not saying Bamba and Isaac *aren't* ready to start. I'm just saying, we shouldnt force them in if they arent yet.

And it's exactly the reason why I want IT here. I think he allows our guys to play a much more natural and appropriate role, and not have to carry more of a burden than they should be.

Also, the idea of Vuc and Ross starting, gives us some excitement off the bench with Isaac and Bamba. I feel like with that rotation, we wouldn't lose much when some of the 2nd unit come in.

That is the $64,000 question. When are guys ready to start?  If healthy Isaac and Bamba should be ready to start, especially Isaac.  Will there be growing pains, yes there will.  You learn with playing time.  The faster the better.