magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

3 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

I'd bet Birch contributes more than Frazier or Briscoe. I don't expect anything from Frazier this year and Briscoe is our 3rd string PG .

depends on if we trade a C or not.

3 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

depends on if we trade a C or not.

Yes - I'm not expecting Vucevic to be with us after the deadline, if not sooner. 

4 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Random thoughts on the Rozier situation:

- He’s important to Boston, given Kyrie’s health and free agency noise next year

- He’s not perfect but checks a lot of our boxes (two way player, long - 6’8” wingspan, and young - 24)

- He’s battle tested, which we could use

- The point guard options in the draft next year looks awful 

That all being said, I’d expect Ainge to ask for our first round pick next year. You guys think Rozier’s worth it?

Next years draft sucks and with a point guard, we are late lottery or out of lottery. East doesn't have many good teams. I would give up next year's pick. Top 7 protected.

9 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Random thoughts on the Rozier situation:

- He’s important to Boston, given Kyrie’s health and free agency noise next year

- He’s not perfect but checks a lot of our boxes (two way player, long - 6’8” wingspan, and young - 24)

- He’s battle tested, which we could use

- The point guard options in the draft next year look awful 

That all being said, I’d expect Ainge to ask for our first round pick next year. Do you guys think Rozier’s worth it?

I wouldn't give up any of our picks for him unless they were heavily protected and turned into second rounders if they didn't convey. He's a RFA next summer and if the Celtics keep Smart this summer, they won't be able to keep Rozier too (assuming Kyrie stays). There are only so many starting PG positions open in the NBA right now and we're one of them, so that will be valuable in free agency if we get to that place next summer.

30 minutes ago, Spaceman said:

During one of last nights games an announcer said that if you have more than two players on your SL team that you plan on making a contribution during the season you are a pretty bad team. The way I see it the Magic have 5 maybe 6 Ouch.

On the bright side maybe they will win summer league.

Jordan Bell, Kevon Looney and Patrick Mccaw all played summer league last summer for the Warriors and all made the final roster and played in a considerable amount of games. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

Yes - I'm not expecting Vucevic to be with us after the deadline, if not sooner. 

I wasn't expecting Vuc with us after we traded for Ibaka and signed Biz. 

just saying, nothing is definite, lol.

11 minutes ago, LaVar said:

Next years draft sucks and with a point guard, we are late lottery or out of lottery. East doesn't have many good teams. I would give up next year's pick. Top 7 protected.

The last thing I would trade to Boston is a first round pick next year.  Thye already potentially have four and one is Sacramento's #1 protected only pick.  You do not help your enemies  by giving them one of your assets.  We trade them castoffs or nothing at all.  

2 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

The last thing I would trade to Boston is a first round pick next year.  Thye already potentially have four and one is Sacramento's #1 protected only pick.  You do not help your enemies  by giving them one of your assets.  We trade them castoffs or nothing at all.  

They would say the same thing. Don't help your enemies. Would you draft Terry 8 - 15 next year. I would so I would give them the pick. 

1 minute ago, magicblue said:

But Rozier would likely be significantly better than what’s available late lottery/mid first round 

And the reason I give them the pick