magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Just now, HeHateMe said:

I don’t think there is a world where Ainge trades Rozier for a package around Vuch. 

Totally agree.  Which is why I feel that rumor probably isn't accurate  b/c I'm sure that's where our offer would start.

33 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Weltman: "Like to talk you about Rozier."

Ainge: "Awesome. Bamba, Isaac, and every pick for the next decade. How's that sound?"

Weltman: "Uuuh wut?"

haha basically. ***** Ainge.

During one of last nights games an announcer said that if you have more than two players on your SL team that you plan on making a contribution during the season you are a pretty bad team. The way I see it the Magic have 5 maybe 6 Ouch.

On the bright side maybe they will win summer league.

2 minutes ago, Spaceman said:

During one of last nights games an announcer said that if you have more than two players on your SL team that you plan on making a contribution during the season you are a pretty bad team. The way I see it the Magic have 5 maybe 6 Ouch.

I think that is more true for the teams with players who are trying to prove that they can even cut it in the NBA. I think it's clear that Isaac, Birch and Bamba can play in the league.

It does make some sense for Boston to trade Rozier though. If they like Smart (and it seems they do), they can keep him around on a cheaper deal this off-season than they will be able to keep Rozier for next off-season when the cap goes up and more teams have space. The trouble with a Magic trade is that BOS doesn't have any bad contracts that they're trying to offload for cap space, which is essentially the value of Vucevic right now. So what would our best offer be? Simmons + OKC pick + one of the 3 second round picks we have next year for Rozier? Hard to believe there won't be better offers out there.

4 minutes ago, Spaceman said:

That's a pretty dumb announcer. The top 2 teams in the East last year had more than two guys on each of their summer league teams as planned contributors

5 minutes ago, Spaceman said:

I think Tatum, Brown, and Semi all played last year for Boston. Maybe they are the exception, but it's not a foregone conclusion. And for whatever it's worth, I only expect 4 guys max to be contributing this season.

Random thoughts on the Rozier situation:

- He’s important to Boston, given Kyrie’s health and free agency noise next year

- He’s not perfect but checks a lot of our boxes (two way player, long - 6’8” wingspan, and young - 24)

- He’s battle tested, which we could use

- The point guard options in the draft next year look awful 

That all being said, I’d expect Ainge to ask for our first round pick next year. Do you guys think Rozier’s worth it?

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Bamba, Issac, Frazier, Iwundu and probably Briscoe too all contribute next year. 

I'd bet Birch contributes more than Frazier or Briscoe. I don't expect anything from Frazier this year and Briscoe is our 3rd string PG .

1 minute ago, Mack1085 said:

I'd bet Birch contributes more than Frazier or Briscoe. I don't expect anything from Frazier this year and Briscoe is our 3rd string PG .

I Forgot Birch was even on SL team. Frazier will contribute this year. 

13 minutes ago, Spaceman said:

On the bright side maybe they will win summer league.nt 

Maybe it was the same announcer that during a playoff game said at the end of the FIRST quarter. "Well they will have time to make adjustments when they go to the locker room."  Some announcers are clueless and really do not know all that much.  Sounds like the person above who makes a general statement without context.  That person should run for Congress.