magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Just now, Nyce_1 said:

Beyond James' role, the Lakers realize they have a young team and see adding Rondo as a key piece to provide leadership besides James. The Lakers noticed an immediate impact when Isaiah Thomas joined the team last season (ironically, after a trade from James' Cavs). His veteran presence had an effect on all their young players and reinforced what the coaches had been preaching. Coach Luke Walton would often compliment Thomas for mentoring the young players.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24003187/lakers-signings-part-magic-plan-nba

yeah I fully believe in the good effects having someone like IT on our team from a leadership perspective

5 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Give me one solid bit of info that says otherwise....

How about we are building in a defensive direction and Vuc doesn't fit that mold at all? Gone, bench, or DNP.  No more layup drills please!!!

19 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Vuch is going to start the season for us at Center and it's going to suck!

This^^^. Guys face it. If Vuch is not traded, he is going to start. . .not that I want him to. A new coaching staff is coming in, and since they have not seen Bamba play on the NBA level, they are going to go with the center who has been here/started the past few years. Vuchs defense leaves a lot to be desired, but he is familiar with the system and can score. Bamba will more than likely come off the bench until he becomes more comfortable in the transition from college to the NBA.

2 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

This^^^. Guys face it. If Vuch is not traded, he is going to start. . .not that I want him to. A new coaching staff is coming in, and since they have not seen Bamba play on the NBA level, they are going to go with the center who has been here/started the past few years. Vuchs defense leaves a lot to be desired, but he is familiar with the system and can score. Bamba will more than likely come off the bench until he becomes more comfortable in the transition from college to the NBA.

Vuc won't start this year for us.... Clifford is a defensive minded coach. If Vuc starts, it'll be for about the first 10 to 15 games, then his ass will be riding the pine.

1 minute ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Vuc won't start this year for us.... Clifford is a defensive minded coach. If Vuc starts, it'll be for about the first 10 to 15 games, then his ass will be riding the pine.

Clifford to Vuc "Vuc, you are starting but I'm pulling you the 1st time you don't show defensive effort." Vuc to Clifford "I get it coach, we all need to focus on defense." 2nd play of the game Clifford to Vuc "Vuc, you're out, have a seat." "Bamba, go out there and show Vuc how to play defense in the NBA!"

3 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

This is what I was alluding to (in bold). However, in my opinion, he will start. . .whether it is short term or long term. Hopefully the former.

6 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Clifford to Vuc "Vuc, you are starting but I'm pulling you the 1st time you don't show defensive effort." Vuc to Clifford "I get it coach, we all need to focus on defense." 2nd play of the game Clifford to Vuc "Vuc, you're out, have a seat." "Bamba, go out there and show Vuc how to play defense in the NBA!"

This is the same song and dance with Nikola. I've always liked him, because he's a nice finesse center who can score the bucket, but he falls in the same trap every single year practically. The first 15 to 18 games of the season he'll play passable defense because he's actually hustling. Then it's like someone flips the damn light switch. He goes to being passive lazy for the next 75 games. He pulled the same **** the year Skiles coached.

1 minute ago, DirtDan2012 said:

This is the same song and dance with Nikola. I've always liked him, because he's a nice finesse center who can score the bucket, but he fall sin the same trap every single year practically. The first 15 to 18 games of the season he'll play passable defense because he's actually hustling. Then it's like someone flips the damn light switch. He goes to being passive lazy for the next 75 games.

Yup and if I was coach he can play as long as that switch is on and he sits as soon as it's off. Hopefully we trade him before training camp. I would love to start Bamba and let the cards fall where they will. The more PT he gets that faster he starts to dominate!

Just now, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Yup and if I was coach he can play as long as that switch is on and he sits as soon as it's off. Hopefully we trade him before training camp. I would love to start Bamba and let the cards fall where they will. The more PT he gets that faster he starts to dominate!

I just think he could actually be an effective player coming of the bench and playing less minutes. He'll actually be able to play hard the entire time he's on the floor. Watch him.... He totally paces himself.