magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

6 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Oh, I'd take Birch as our main backup without a doubt. No hesitation. I was ready to happily role with him as our starter with Trae being #6. 

I guess since I don't envision Biz getting moved, I accept his position on the roster.

I was also impressed with Birch, he still needs to grow his game, but he brought some real defensive intensity that was sorely needed. Additionally, we have one and a half season left with the Biz deal, before he becomes attractive as a salary dump. IMHO 

15 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

The 6rs have way too many players signed and may not be able to keep Shake Milton. Are we interested? At one point he was predicted top 20 in the draft.

I don't think he's an NBA player

9 minutes ago, chosen12 said:

I was also impressed with Birch, he still needs to grow his game, but he brought some real defensive intensity that was sorely needed. Additionally, we have one and a half season left with the Biz deal, before he becomes attractive as a salary dump. IMHO 

Agreed. Vuc should be pretty simple to unload under the right circumstances. Biz is with us until next year, but I don't have a problem with that. My big thing with Biz is he was much more serviceable as a starter. When he came off the bench I remembered him kinda sucking.... I guess it was just the way our lineup was situated. I see him starting early and making way for Bamba as the season goes on.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 0rland0fan said:

Our center rotation could be "The Killer B's". Bamba Biz and Birch.  BOOK IT!! Ya'll heard it here first!

I had them as the 

Better

Blocking

Bureau

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, 0rland0fan said:

Our center rotation could be "The Killer B's". Bamba Biz and Birch.  BOOK IT!! Ya'll heard it here first!

LOL!!!! Well, that will not replace the "Notorious.....B I G"  Bamba/Issac?Gordon.......our big 3 of the future! But it may catch on!

1 minute ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Vuch is going to start the season for us at Center and it's going to suck!

No he's not..... I can almost guarantee that.

Beyond James' role, the Lakers realize they have a young team and see adding Rondo as a key piece to provide leadership besides James. The Lakers noticed an immediate impact when Isaiah Thomas joined the team last season (ironically, after a trade from James' Cavs). His veteran presence had an effect on all their young players and reinforced what the coaches had been preaching. Coach Luke Walton would often compliment Thomas for mentoring the young players.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24003187/lakers-signings-part-magic-plan-nba