magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

3 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Is this real?? It said we signed Isiash Thomas to 2 years 23 mil with a team option in the 2nd year. Anez to discuss it on ESPN Orlando today. Via anez Twitter...now it's deleted...hmmm. no joke guys.

Anez got tricked by a fake shams account

2/23 isn't a contract that's even possible. 

I think it'll happen too. There is too much smoke here for there not to be something. 

This isn't just some random fan, there is now multiple credible sources saying there is traction to this thing. Just a matter of time. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Anez got tricked by a fake shams account

2/23 isn't a contract that's even possible. 

Lol I thought that myself. Still had to just post what I saw just incase. Damn anez lol

We can get a guy in a sign and trade if that other team wants vucevic or a pick or something from us. 

But the Lakers renounced Isaiah. The most we can offer him is in the 2/18 and change ball park. 

Also, I just listened to the last 2 minutes of the most recent Woj Pod where he and Bobby Marks talk about what Orlando has done since the new Front Office has stepped in.

In Summary: they're both a fan of all the moves so far. They said it has basically taken them 2 years to clean out what Henny left us in but now they have the foundation they want. They thought the Cifford hire was a good one as long as they give the Magic talent on the bench, they could jump up to a playoff team real soon because Clifford will build a steady program.

It got me really excited for the new season!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

If Briscoe is 3rd PG, and we get IT, our PG rotation is tough as nails. I like it. 

2 vets in IT and DJ, then a young pitbull in Briscoe. Can't wait to see him play in summer league.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Also, I just listened to the last 2 minutes of the most recent Woj Pod where he and Bobby Marks talk about what Orlando has done since the new Front Office has stepped in.

In Summary: they're both a fan of all the moves so far. They said it has basically taken them 2 years to clean out what Henny left us in but now they have the foundation they want. They thought the Cifford hire was a good one as long as they give the Magic talent on the bench, they could jump up to a playoff team real soon because Clifford will build a steady program.

It got me really excited for the new season!

Amazing how things can turn around when you have competent management making roster decisions.  Whether or not Weltman and Hammond ultimately do a great job, at least they appear to be trying to build a roster with a game plan of similar skill sets; i.e., lengthy athletes who can play multiple positions.  Outside shooting is an obvious question mark right now, but IT could really help in that regard and take pressure off Fournier and Ross and theoretically get everyone more open shots.  The days of playing 4-on-5 on offense, with Payton left alone because he couldn't shoot, might actually be over.   Hallelujah!

21 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Hmmmmm deals official noon tomorrow?

I think he meant to say " FA Deals are official at noon tomorrow (Jul 6th)".   Not IT specifically

Anez is on the radio now admitting a mistake..but feels confident a deal gets done tonight or by noon tomorrow..  it won't be for 23 million