magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

16 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Agreed..... WelHam screwed the pooch with Mario's team option, but that's been the only boner they've pulled to this point.

I honestly have no context clues to go off of for this post. 

20 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Agreed..... WelHam screwed the pooch with Mario's team option, but that's been the only boner they've pulled to this point.

That’s still left to be determined. If Isaac, Frazier, and Iwundu become studs, then we accept the WelHam vision. Releasing Mario opens up minutes for these guys to develop.

1 minute ago, ~O~ said:

No to Isaiah Thomas.  No settling.  

I get not settling but unless we are giving up "assests" er players, what other options do we have to fill our PG position?  I don't want to settle either but if on a one year deal I don't see how we do better for a potential starting PG for just this year.  I am all in for Kemba if we trading Vuc/Fournier/a pick or two.  Other than that the Lin/Chalmers/etc is a more settling option than than IT.  Trust me I wish we could do better.  I just don't like the other options.  It's like do you think the Lebron Lakers prefer Mcgee and Rondo over AD and CP3?   No but you take what you can get in hopes in makes us better and if it doesn't then if not it is a one year contract you cut your loses.  Lin/Chalmers @ 3 year contract < IT @ 1 year contract.  Just I am no GM and this is only my opinion.

24 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

And given Mario's production up to that point, it's even understandable why they didn't pick up the option.

Just now, MAGICFAN365 said:

I get not settling but unless we are giving up "assests" er players, what other options do we have to fill our PG position?  I don't want to settle either but if on a one year deal I don't see how we do better for a potential starting PG for just this year.  I am all in for Kemba if we trading Vuc/Fournier/a pick or two.  Other than that the Lin/Chalmers/etc is a more settling option than than IT.  Trust me I wish we could do better.  I just don't like the other options.  It's like do you think the Lebron Lakers prefer Mcgee and Rondo over AD and CP3?   No but you take what you can get in hopes in makes us better and if it doesn't then if not it is a one year contract you cut your loses.  Lin/Chalmers @ 3 year contract < IT @ 1 year contract.  Just I am no GM and this is only my opinion.

Just now, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I guess I need to get use to the name Jarren Jackson.  He better show up in the regular season.  Otherwise, all this was for not.  

• Like 1

NBA execs and players must really love the 4th of July.  I'm wrapping up my work shift and checked in here to see the day's signings and... nothing has happened?

Weak.

55 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

And look where we're at now. Olidipo, Sabonis, EP and Hezonja are gone and what do we have to show for all that.... TRoss...... Who I actually do like a lot. We've squandered assets terribly over the last 6 years.

The bad trade of assets were the biggest issue