magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

2 minutes ago, The Boss said:

That's my preferred starting 5 if we sign IT for sure.

Yea mine too. 

Though im not sure Issac starts opening night. I would love if he has a good summer league &  camp and does start  but I just wouldn’t be shocked if he didn’t. 

IT / Ross / AG / Issac / Bamba 

Thats solid. Something tells me Fournier will start though (assuming he is on the team). Fournier & IT is in theory a pretty good scoring backcourt. 

I feel Ross is more likely to be traded he just seems like a better value player to facilitate a trade. Expiring contract and good 3&D player that could be a good piece for a playoff team. 

• Like 1

My reasoning is that a lot of the teams in the league have really good or athletic PGs (or both) and IT won't be able to defend them so Ross could. Fournier won't have that versatility.

1 minute ago, The Boss said:

My reasoning is that a lot of the teams in the league have really good or athletic PGs (or both) and IT won't be able to defend them so Ross could. Fournier won't have that versatility.

I think it will just depend what route Clifford wants to go. The case could be made for either. Didn’t Ross want to come off the bench last year though?  He seems more comfortable in that role. 

Ross had an offseason last year, his scoring should be much better. Plus Fournier has a bad attitude in my opinion so I would play these 5 and if VUC and Fournier are still here they can come off the bench 

7 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

I like the way this looks 

That's getting me turned on.

I need to get that pic on it's own so I can put that as my Facebook cover photo lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

That's getting me turned on.

I need to get that pic on it's own so I can put that as my Facebook cover photo lol

Don't jinx us lol 

I'm not even that big on Fournier, but I feel like with Isaiah's ability to penetrate, he'll command help defense which will leave guys like Fournier, Ross, Gordon, or Isaac open behind the arc. I feel like Isaiah is the kind of guy we need to make the rest of the engine go.

Hello everyone...old time OrlandoMagicZone poster here....So I've generally been lurking these boards since we last made it to the playoffs, only getting excited when we got dipo, and Payton, hoping they might be the next big thing to bring us to the promised Land, but my fandom has never wavered. I still watch games religiously, and even got my wife to watch with me. She, too... Now knows the frustration it is to be an Orlando Magic fan. I even still wear my blue and white ignite shirt as a house shirt some evenings, dreaming of the good old days. I'm getting the feeling again, guys (and gals!) Mo Bamba, Mo Magic! I really think If Isaac, Gordon, and Bamba can mesh together we would have something really special here. My pipe dream is of course for us to land Kemba, but if Isaiah Thomas is what it's going to take for us to show these kids how to win some games and put some excitement back into the Amway Center (now magic games are social events....I want to go to a game and see fans actually ENJOYING their team!).... So be it. Isaiah has his... Interesting quirks, but he reminds me alot of Jameer... Huge chip on his shoulder... Just lacking that nice guy trait that 'meer had in him. I'm all in for I.T. for what it's worth. He's not my first choice, but I'll take him over the Trainwreck that comes along with a Lonzo Ball trade. Someone close to Vuc(if we keep him...) Convince him to come off the bench. This man does not need to start! That is all for me tonight guys and gals, let's hope we get a starting caliber PG in some form or fashion, this team deserves it.s-l400.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Man I miss the Blue & White ignite days. Those were my high school years, such great times. 

Welcome back to the forum @Siradam134. 

26 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

A few names nobody has been mentioning, Tony Parker, Jarrett Jack, and Devin Harris. I don't know if any of them have anything left in the tank but they are all UFAs.

I don’t think Parker is talking with anyone besides SA. Jack and Harris are quality veteran backups, but probably not starters any more