magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

7 minutes ago, MAGICFAN365 said:

from what I understand Vizio is made of spare parts and although cost less for more will more than likely break down on you.  Samsung steady...

I dunno. I have a Vizio p-series and a Samsung mu-7000 and the p-series has better technical measurements (like black depth) though I like the Samsung interface better. And the Samsung remote is really cool. 

lol QLED...sounds like typical Samsung marketing. If you're spending that much go w/ OLED, even if it's a smaller size. You'll thank me later. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

lol QLED...sounds like typical Samsung marketing. If you're spending that much go w/ OLED, even if it's a smaller size. You'll thank me later. 

Well yeah but you're looking at $2,400 for oled. 

If you have the money for that it's definitely worth it. But that's a big jump in pricing

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

I really hope a move happens because if Vuch is our sixth man now we just have biz in the bench with that 72 mil contract

Rather have Birch instead of Biz.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

I've had Samsungs and they typically last me about 10 years.  65" LG OLED is like $2500.  That's a big jump from $1600.  We'll see.  Thanks for all the input.  

Sorry to derail this thread with my TV issues.  

Just now, ?4thewin said:

Well yeah but you're looking at $2,400 for oled. 

If you have the money for that it's definitely worth it. But that's a big jump in pricing

where are you looking???

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073K3LPGF?tag=rtings-tv-bm01b-20&ie=UTF8

At OPs price point you can probably find a 60" without much hassle. and this tv is rated very highly on rtings.com

55 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

Bamba

Isaac

Gordon

Fournier 

Thomas

I don't -hate- that.

I'd like it even better if Evan was flipped so we could better use those cap dollars.

But I'll take what I can take. I feel (hope) that Thomas is enough of an addition that this 5, with guys like Vuc, Ross, and Augstin coming off the bench, will be good enough to compete for a playoff spot in the East.

Then, am I wrong in thinking that Vuc and Biyombo come off the books at the end of next season? Would that open up enough cap space for us to go out and actually shop? Or does Biyombo stay on the books for longer?

39 minutes ago, jjgator said:

Best Buy has some on sale this week. I was looking at a Samsung 55 in 4k hdr for like 500. My old one still works, but it's a 720p/1080i from 2008.

I picked up a 50 inch Samsung 4K UHD Smart tv for $419 yesterday for my man cave at Best Buy. It’s just the class model but it’s still a great tv for the money. Wife relegated me to man cave only for sports she’s tired of the outbursts. I said that’s fine but I’m buying a new tv.