magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

4 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

The concerns with IT are valid. We all know his weaknesses and the type of player he is. 

However, 

I think if we can get him it would be good for development. We can win some games with IT. Maybe for once we can establish some sort of a winning environment. Maybe we can actually play meaningful basketball post all star break. I don’t think you can downplay how valuable that would be to these guys to actually push for a playoff spot. Even if we don’t make it just being in the race would be worth something. 

I agree...plus I don't think we would be building our offense around him. He's a one year rental, unless as I mentioned above, he and the Magic are just a perfect fit for each other and he resigns. I see us running through AG and Fournier for the most part (until Evan is more than likely traded). Then we'll see what kind of offense Isaac and Bamba can develop in basically their first years. 

I know this guy fits the Isaiah Thomas model and that seems to be the opposite of what our FO wants...but I would be okay with us pursuing Tyler Ulis as our 3rd string PG behind IT and DJ....which would give us the shortest collection of PGs in NBA history haha

4 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Trae young is getting owned last 2 games 

As a known Trae hater, can’t say I didn’t see this coming. I will say though, I thought he would be able to at least put up numbers in summer league ball. 

My Jimmer Fredette and Seth Curry comp might not be far off lol

4 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

As a known Trae hater, can’t say I didn’t see this coming. I will say though, I thought he would be able to at least put up numbers in summer league ball. 

My Jimmer Fredette and Seth Curry comp might not be far off lol

He’s having trouble even getting past his defender ...very undersized he needs to add some muscle 

16 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

No, but Keith Smith tweeted earlier that there is mutual interest between us and Isaiah Thomas...only thing in the way was figuring out money. 

Its the only rumor from a credible source that seems to be pointing toward it being a reality. 

And Isaiah followed the Magic on twitter, for whatever thats worth.

As I said earlier in the thread, I am all about the move because I think it helps our young guys by making Fournier and Gordon more natural #2 and #3 options, instead of #1 and #2. They wont have to carry too much responsibility, allowing them to play a more natural game.

Plus, Isaiah is enough of a threat that he can open it up for the younger guys.

And as a non-tank proponent, our guys need to learn how to win. Not just lose perpetually for draft picks.

If Thomas isnt a good fit, we move on in a year or 2 when we find a new PG for the long term. If he is a perfect fit, we have Biyombo and Vuc expiring and can extend him long term as a veteran presence.

I get the concerns. But I don't agree.

I'm ready to be excited about Magic basketball again.

Sooooooooooooo...... who do ya root for here? 

All jokes aside, I really hope these kids do well, and our S/L guys put on a show. This is hard to watch

23 minutes ago, The Boss said:

Good points. I'm open to the move. Will see how things play out, I'd still rather nab Fultz (think that door closed) or Ball.

I do not think it is one or the other though.  We could sign Thomas and still trade for Ball or Fultz if they become available this summer or this season.  If anything Thomas could become a valuable trade chip during the season if he shows something and is signed to a reasonable, short contract.

3 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

And Isaiah followed the Magic on twitter, for whatever thats worth.

As I said earlier in the thread, I am all about the move because I think it helps our young guys by making Fournier and Gordon more natural #2 and #3 options, instead of #1 and #2. They wont have to carry too much responsibility, allowing them to play a more natural game.

Plus, Isaiah is enough of a threat that he can open it up for the younger guys.

And as a non-tank proponent, our guys need to learn how to win. Not just lose perpetually for draft picks.

If Thomas isnt a good fit, we move on in a year or 2 when we find a new PG for the long term. If he is a perfect fit, we have Biyombo and Vuc expiring and can extend him long term as a veteran presence.

I get the concerns. But I don't agree.

I'm ready to be excited about Magic basketball again.

Yes! I agree with you entirely here! Listening to 580espn, Scott Anez took the same position, we need him as much as he needs us to show case what he has to offer us, or his next team going forward. But he does bring a name and much needed scoring to AMWAY!

6 minutes ago, chosen12 said:

Sooooooooooooo...... who do ya root for here? 

All jokes aside, I really hope these kids do well, and our S/L guys put on a show. This is hard to watch

I’m so excited for Friday. More so than I’ve ever been for a SL game. Really wanna see how Bamba looks but I’m excited for Frazier as well. 

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

I’m so excited for Friday. More so than I’ve ever been for a SL game. Really wanna see how Bamba looks but I’m excited for Frazier as well. 

No question! I am a bit concerned that Bamba would be kind of passive from the start, but the other guys will have a chip on their shoulder, at least I hope they do because we need some real aggression on this club.