magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

More than we could pay

Did the jazz outbid themselves on this one? Kind of seems that way. 

19 minutes ago, Odin said:

If this happens, he will have played for every team in our division except Miami.

Magicfan1234 would of said something infuriating here :,(

• Upvote 1

Would it be possible to get IT and Smart? Or would we want to get one or the other and then get another filler like Tyus Jones?

I would love it if we were able to get both IT and Smart, would finally get us some depth to our guard spot and Smart would really fit in with defensive trend we have going on. But I think Smart will want a deal similar to Exum which we can't afford. 

Just now, TrueBlueDrew said:

Would it be possible to get IT and Smart? Or would we want to get one or the other and then get another filler like Tyus Jones?

I would love it if we were able to get both IT and Smart, would finally get us some depth to our guard spot and Smart would really fit in with defensive trend we have going on. But I think Smart will want a deal similar to Exum which we can't afford. 

Don't believe it's remotely possible for us to afford both. I don't see Boston letting Smart go either. I've come to terms with signing IT, I'm just hoping it's affordable.

Just now, Malik Buttface said:

Don't believe it's remotely possible for us to afford both. I don't see Boston letting Smart go either. I've come to terms with signing IT, I'm just hoping it's affordable.

I think it'll be fine. I think IT has a lot to prove and he's willing to take a smaller contract this season in hopes to land a large contract next season. Who knows, maybe he falls in love with Orlando and commits to us long term??? If he returns to the IT in Boston...I"d be okay with that.