magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

30 minutes ago, 0rland0fan said:

While I’m not totally on board on the IT idea, I really think that he would be a fan favorite if he comes back and plays at a productive level. People love a diminutive underdog kind of guy. We’ll see. 

Hes already a favorite of mine and hes not even on the roster.

I love those scrappy small guys with heart bigger than their stature. Jameer Nelson is one of my favorite all time Magic players, and Isaiah might be even better than him.

29 minutes ago, 0rland0fan said:

While I’m not totally on board on the IT idea, I really think that he would be a fan favorite if he comes back and plays at a productive level. People love a diminutive underdog kind of guy. We’ll see. 

With where our PG situation is, and the need for back court scoring (actually scoring PERIOD), signing Isiah Thomas for a short term, low money deal could be a great move for this season.  IT would obviously not be the long-term solution for PG, but he could potentially be a helluva nice bridge to whoever will become the long term PG solution.  Also, considering the lack of other good PG options out there, (assuming trading Vuch doesn't bring back a good PG in return), I like this idea a lot.  IT could bring some excitement to this team.

My thoughts exactly.

Anything over a 2 year deal, or if we had to trade for him, I'd be against it.

But a short term low dollar deal as a stop gap til we bring in our long term PG, I think it's a perfect fit.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Interesting article on how wingspan has little significance on being a good defender.

https://fansided.com/2018/07/03/nylon-calculus-wingspan-defense/

Interesting, though I think the issue is actually the other way around. IE players with short wingspans are less likely to be good defenders.

45 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Interesting article on how wingspan has little significance on being a good defender.

https://fansided.com/2018/07/03/nylon-calculus-wingspan-defense/

i guess if your arms and hands arent where they should be it doesnt matter how long they are. good thing we have smart instinctive defenders with length

Wingspan definitely cant hut, never heard anyone say that someone would be a better defender if they had a bit shorter arms.

So, here is a list of free agents that are still available that should command more than the minimum but may have to settle for the MLE or a portion of the MLE.  Of course, most of these are restricted and it is likely that their existing team matches any reasonable offer.  Of these who do you think we should, if any, tender an offer to and for how much?

Clint Capela (Rockets may get a discount here with most the money gone.  I am surprised the Lakers did not go after him.)

Tyreke Evans

Luc Mbah a Moute

Wayne Ellington

Brook Lopez (Um, no)

Marcus Smart

Zach Lavine

Dante Exum

Jabari Parker

Nemanja Bjelica

Jusuf Nurkic

Montrezl Harrell

Rodney Hood

Isaiah Thomas

Kyle Anderson

I would be intrigued with Thomas, Exum, Bjelica, or perhaps Ellington.

3 minutes ago, LJMAGIC said:

So, here is a list of free agents that are still available that should command more than the minimum but may have to settle for the MLE or a portion of the MLE.  Of course, most of these are restricted and it is likely that their existing team matches any reasonable offer.  Of these who do you think we should, if any, tender an offer to and for how much?

Clint Capela (Rockets may get a discount here with most the money gone.  I am surprised the Lakers did not go after him.)

Tyreke Evans

Luc Mbah a Moute

Wayne Ellington

Brook Lopez (Um, no)

Marcus Smart

Zach Lavine

Dante Exum

Jabari Parker

Nemanja Bjelica

Jusuf Nurkic

Montrezl Harrell

Rodney Hood

Isaiah Thomas

Kyle Anderson

I would be intrigued with Thomas, Exum, Bjelica, or perhaps Ellington.

1. Isaiah Thomas

Outside of him, I would be happy with Tyreke Evans, Dante Exum, Zack Lavine, or Rodney Hood.

I'd say Jabari Parker as well but we have way too many 3's and 4's as it is. Theres no room for him. Either he or Isaac would have to come off the bench. (Unless we played SUPER small ball with Gordon at 5, but I dont know that I'm really interested in that.)