magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

10 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I'd be really happy to get Thomas for a good amount of reasons.

1) opportunity to be a leader

2) a go to scorer

3) the potential to have a defense to support him

4) to help teach our upside defenders how to compensate for a less than stellar defensive point guard ( I actually think this is a big deal)

5) name recognition

6) Our head coach could get a lot out of him I think

7) he'd be driven to ball out on a 1 year deal to get a large contract the same way boogie cousins hopes to.

8) I think that's all I have right now

Yea I was originally against it but if it’s a 1 year deal why not? He seems motivated to prove people wrong again. He can score. As long as we don’t tie up long term money I’m for it. 

8 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Yea I was originally against it but if it’s a 1 year deal why not? He seems motivated to prove people wrong again. He can score. As long as we don’t tie up long term money I’m for it. 

Me too, if its a one year deal or a two year deal with an option, sign me up!

19 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

for where we are, and where he is, it's a perfect match. short deal where he can lead us and prove his worth for one of the next 2 summers where EVERYONE has cap space.

If he's healthy, it's a win/win. 

Orlando assistant GM, Pete D'Alessandro, got rid of IT when he was a FA in 2014. Pete, then Kings GM, didn't draft him but he's very familiar with IT. If these rumor come to fruition and IT ends up in Orlando, I wonder if they'll clear any leftover animosity? Also just found out IT & Ross played on the same UW bball team 2010-2011.

2 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

I just feel like LA is waiting until next summer. I feel like they want to see what they have with Ball/Ingram/Lebron. Maybe I’m conoeltely wrong and ball and Ingram get traded tomorrow. 

Maybe but they still can go all in for Kawhi. I don't think they want to waste one of Lebron's years. 

We can help facilitate the Kawhi deal by taking Ball, and sending SA a future draft pick.

3 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Maybe I am being naive but the compassionate side of me already misses MagicFan1234 a little bit.  He definitely crossed the line with vulgarity but he always was "pushing the envelope."  I did get the sense he was a fan, just different.

In a way but I still think he was under 18. I am sure he will be back soon with a different and brand new account with ZERO DISLIKES.

Wow I had forgotten what a great passer IT is until I saw the video above. He sure is good at setting up dunks and we've got some serious dunkers he can throw it to. Let's grab him while he is available!

1 hour ago, Diplo said:

Maybe but they still can go all in for Kawhi. I don't think they want to waste one of Lebron's years. 

We can help facilitate the Kawhi deal by taking Ball, and sending SA a future draft pick.

If we could get Ball in a three team trade I'd be very happy, however I could see the Spurs wanting him since they need a better passing point guard than Murray. 

Woke up and this thread had like 20 more pages. Thought for sure the Magic had signed somebody while I was asleep.

That Boogie stuff is ridiculous.

I guess we might be getting IT. I'd do it for a 1 year or 1+1 with the MLE I guess. If he gets anywhere near his previous form it could be really good. If not it doesn't matter as he won't be here long. If it's a 3 or 4 year deal though I'm out.