magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

13 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You can't legislate against pay cuts. 

Very true, but this is just getting stupid. It's going to end up killing the competative nature of the league and fans will quit tuning in.

• Upvote 1

Just now, DirtDan2012 said:

Very true, but this is just getting stupid. It's going to end up killing the competative nature of the league and fans will quit tuning in.

They shouldn't even give MLEs to tax paying teams. Maybe that isn't a solution, but something really needs to be done about this. The league is getting ridiculous.

I personally think this is a smart move by Boogie. 

He obviously wasn’t getting the mega max contract he wanted. Which makes sense he is coming off one of the worst basketball injuries a player can suffer. 

So he signs a 1 year deal where he’ll get to win a ring and showcase his ability/talent again, than sign a max next summer. It’s not a bad move by him. 

Any player can take a pay cut if they want. 

Just now, HeHateMe said:

He obviously wasn’t getting the mega max contract he wanted. Which makes sense he is coming off one of the worst basketball injuries a player can suffer. 

So he signs a 1 year deal where he’ll get to win a ring and showcase his ability/talent again, than sign a max next summer. It’s not a bad move by him. 

You would not call that a smart move if Cousins signed with a division rival

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

Or he won't be remotely the same and won't get near a max contact. All these one year contracts and paycuts will end up biting someone.

I hope Kawhi would go to Philly.  Too bad he's focused on L.A. money but can you blame him.  

Looks like the game is approaching a more corrupted form where its truly not about contracts anymore. Its about location, sponsors, and whatever money goes unaccounted for.  Its about the third party incentives that is being sacrificed shedding years for small market teams. 

Its time for the league to innovate because the system needs to evolve.  The league may need to be split in all honesty.  

Just now, MagicFan1234 said:

You would not call that a smart move if Cousins signed with a division rival

Go away. You're clearly trying to get as many down votes as possible, surely this is against terms and conditions of the forum? Starting to really have a negative effect on the discussions that are going on.

Just now, The Boss said:

Go away. You're clearly trying to get as many down votes as possible, surely this is against terms and conditions of the forum? Starting to really have a negative effect on the discussions that are going on.

It's probably best to just ignore him. He gets off on people responding to him.

1 minute ago, The Boss said:

Give me $100 and I will go away

1 minute ago, ~O~ said:

I hope Kawhi would go to Philly.  Too bad he's focused on L.A. money but can you blame him.  

Looks like the game is approaching a more corrupted form where its truly not about contracts anymore. Its about location, sponsors, and whatever money goes unaccounted for.  Its about the third party incentives that is being sacrificed shedding years for small market teams. 

Its time for the league to innovate because the system needs to evolve.  The league may need to be split in all honesty.  

Paul George just signed in the 41st largest tv market

Is it to late to jump on the bandwagon lol but all seriousness since we're not a contender as of right now this doesn't bother me as long as LeBron doesn't win anymore rings and the LeBron fans can stop sucking him I'm ok with it