magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Also, not only have the Lakers added Lance, they also signed Javale McGee tonight... LeBron and the headcases

Wow!  This is an incredible superteam the Lakers are putting together.  Warriors must be shaking and quivering having to face this superteam.  Phony LeBron not so persuasive afterall.

3 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I escaped in '93. Get out while you can bro, the civil war will probably be fought in California.

I love California. Born and raised here. No desire to leave.

2 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Hi Franchise408, I see that you are from California. How and when did you become a Magic fan . . .and welcome to the board. I know that you have posted several times already.

And before anyone else comment on my question to Francise408, I'm aware that the Magic have fans all over the world.

Thanks! Yea, I've been around here for quite awhile. Used to post under a different name, then when the boards moved here, I used this name. Haven't been as frequent a poster over recent years tho. Was a more active poster probably from about '05 to '10 or so.

Short of it: Blame Shaq lol

Born and raised in the Bay Area in the 80's and 90's, and since the Warriors sucked at that time and Jordan was king, everyone was a Bulls fan. No family ties to any teams, as basketball isn't big in my family, so nothing that really tied me to the Warriors, and I didn't want to be a Bulls fan, since that's what everyone else was doing, so I ended up venturing towards the Magic, since with Shaq they were kind of the new, young up and coming "cool" team that wasn't Jordan and the Bulls. Then Penny came along, and I was all in. Being in Warriors country, I didn't get to watch a lot of regular season games, so mostly just got to follow them through the sports page, video games, and playoffs. Eventually I was able to follow them more closely with the internet, and now with all the various streaming services and stuff it's made it much easier to keep up with what's happening and follow them more closely like I can and do with my local 49ers and Giants.

So the Lakers got LeBron and then added a cast of KCP, Lance and Javale McGee. I don't know if they're even getting out of the first round with those guys. The fact that they didn't immediately throw money at JJ Redick baffles me. He'd be ideal in a LeBron team.

Also that AG deal is magnificent.

2 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

I love California. Born and raised here. No desire to leave.

Then please be on the right side when the sh*t hits the fan out there. I loved it too but I saw it deteriorate at an unbelievable speed. The homelessness, the gangs, the crime, the traffic, lunatic politicians winning elections. I had to flee.

3 hours ago, Horace my Grant said:

There are already Billionaire athletes...he wouldn’t be the first.

Doesn't mean he doesn't want to.  Ronaldo should be a billionaire by now or long ago.  LeBron would be the first billionaire basketball player active from what his projection is.  He's made the right move to ensure he has the most money before he retires.  

As for winning goes, I don't even know what team LeBron even played for prior to this.  Its as if he just entered the league out of a hot air balloon.  That prior team was easily forgotten and probably will be in the pits for decades for sure. 

When considering this contract, I believe its a terrible contract.  LeBron is 34 people and fans are talking about them immediately being ahead of other teams in the Western Conference.  I want everyone to remind themselves that the Western conference is not a ****show.  I repeat, THE WESTERN CONFERENCE IS NOT A ****SHOW.  

The Western conference will not bow down to this Laker team and the competition will wear down LeBron James.  Especially since he'll have to play each team in the conference 3 to 4 times.  

5 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Supposedly, we stretched Shelvin Mack’s $ 1 million guarantee for 3 years. Odd

Which leaves us with DJ as the sole point guard on the team. Hopefully we will make a move in the couple of days to fill out this empty spot.

6 hours ago, Odin said:

I believe one per year. Weird though as it clogs up future cap space. (Though not much)

No you can do unlimited I think