magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, Originalticketholder said:

He should not be starting unless he shows he can play defense better.  

Are you serious? You must not have been watching many games. Lots of times I have watched Fournier intercept/steal balls from other teams in transition. It reminded me of how Victor Oladipo use to sneak up and rip the ball from an opponent. He may not be a lock down defender but he does a decent job on defense.

I have always liked Fournier. In many games, the Magic would start out strong, but when the subs came in the game, the other team would take or extend the lead and put us in a hole. After a rest, Fournier would come back in the game and would almost single-handedly bring us back with his scoring. Sure, we may not have won but we would come so close to stealing the game because of Fournier.

Many of you have been critical of  Fournier/Vuch playing buddy ball. I agree it's time for Vuch to go, but the Magic needs to keep Fournier. At least he is a good scorer that we already have in our pocket/on the team.

The Warriors advertise these 4 players as their core players:

Draymond Green

Steph Curry

Clay Thompson

Kevin Durant

I can see these  4 as the core players for the Magic:

Jonathan Isaac

Mohamed Bamba

Aaron Gordon

Evan Fournier 

3 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Are you serious? You must not have been watching many games. Lots of times I have watched Fournier intercept/steal balls from other teams in transition. It reminded me of how Victor Oladipo use to sneak up and rip the ball from an opponent. He may not be a lock down defender but he does a decent job on defense.

I have always liked Fournier. In many games, the Magic would start out strong, but when the subs came in the game, the other team would take or extend the lead and put us in a hole. After a rest, Fournier would come back in the game and would almost single-handedly bring us back with his scoring. Sure, we may not have won but we would come so close to stealing the game because of Fournier.

Many of you have been critical of  Fournier/Vuch playing buddy ball. I agree it's time for Vuch to go, but the Magic needs to keep Fournier. At least he is a good scorer that we already have in our pocket/on the team.

The Warriors advertise these 4 players as their core players:

Draymond Green

Steph Curry

Clay Thompson

Kevin Durant

I can see these  4 as the core players for the Magic:

Jonathan Isaac

Mohamed Bamba

Aaron Gordon

Evan Fournier 

Steals aren't a great measure of defense but if they were Fournier is one of the worst players on the team at getting steals

I think our team this past season lacked defined roles.  Without a true alpha/leader on the team, that left players to do things out of their role or ability.  I feel like we still need that guy.  Maybe one of the current players develops into that, but in Fournier's case, he tried to do too much outside of what his capabilities are.  Teams like SA and GS  have defined roles for their players and everyone does their job.  I hope this is what we will eventually have. 

9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Steals aren't a great measure of defense but if they were Fournier is one of the worst players on the team at getting steals

See, there you go again. I'm not saying that his steals was the only indicator that he was a great/good defender. I was just pointing out that aspect of what he does that helps on the defensive end. You can add the steals to other aspects of his defensive game that makes him an average/above average defender.

Just now, Nyce_1 said:

If that's the best they're offering, and Mario truly likes ORL as much as he says he does, then it just depends how much Weltman/Hammond want to keep him.  There's no way that "a portion of the midlevel exception for one year" could be very enticing.

5 minutes ago, 0rland0fan said:

I think our team this past season lacked defined roles.  Without a true alpha/leader on the team, that left players to do things out of their role or ability.  I feel like we still need that guy.  Maybe one of the current players develops into that, but in Fournier's case, he tried to do too much outside of what his capabilities are.  Teams like SA and GS  have defined roles for their players and everyone does their job.  I hope this is what we will eventually have. 

I agree. As I watched games, it felt like the team were playing a (pickup game). As Orland0fan mentioned, the team "lacked defined roles".

• Upvote 1