magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

1 minute ago, Nyce_1 said:

that says, AG, we want to make you the highest paid player on our team. $19M. If there's a chance he'll be offended, then that extra 1M is nothing. 

9 figure contracts are important. 

7 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Paul George is not a superstar though

He’s a top 10 player. Idk what your definition of superstar is but he’s close. He’s worth what he got paid. So you’d be mad if Orlando just signed PG to that contract? 

The Wolves reportedly Jimmy Butler that they'll offer him a max contract extension once he's eligible to sign on July 9, according to NYT's Marc Stein.

The extension would be worth around $110 million over four years, but beat writer Jon Krawczynski notes that there's "zero indication" Butler would accept the deal. He's slated to make $20.4 million next season and could opt for unrestricted free agency in 2019, at which point he'd make far more than $110M over four years. This could simply be a sign of good faith from the Wolves, letting their star swingman that they want him around long-term.

4 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Remember the theory that Henny was saving cap space to sign two max free agents a couple of summers ago?

And then he signed Augustin for 7 million, Jeff Green for 15 million, and Biz for 17 million? Lol. Dreadful

Henny is the worst thing that has ever happened to this franchise. His "plan" was an absolute joke.

6 hours ago, ~O~ said:

You're not winning the finals though.  You can go to the finals and make all your money but you're not winning and this is the east.  

Competent rosters have beaten him with lesser talent.  The Heat were beaten, twice...by old men....with competence.  The Thunder had absolutely terrible offensive philosophy.  The Spurs title was a fringe title as the Spurs were up before being rattled by Ray Allen.  The Spurs came back to redeem that and single-handedly destroyed the most infamous team in the league.  They knew who they were and knew what they had to do to win.  

The Warriors are young adults with competence, high tolerance, and unselfish characters.  There is tension there at times as Draymond critiques players for their defense but it dissipates rather quickly.  These are players with real direction.  They are attacked by opposing fans who wish for their downfall or complain because their a team that stands in an individual's way.   I'd rather see a team win as the spoils and credits are spread among them all rather than an individual.  

The same team that LeBron has beaten has come back to the finals to slap him in the face, three times after going to 7.  They've even gotten better at doing it.  The game has evolved in Golden State's favor.  To beat them, the opponent has no choice but to play along.  Houston was the closest to playing along.  They took the Warriors to 7 whereas the Cavs were relentlessly swept by Golden State.  Even with Kyrie, they were going to be swept as they were beaten 4-1 with a better roster in 2017.  The Warriors are 3-1...against LeBron..the same 3-1 they were teased about for blowing.  

The league..needs more competence, that's all.  You do not need LeBron James to win a title.  Proficiency should be the goal and I believe Boston is the closest to accomplishing this and possibly the Utah Jazz if they can get one more piece.  

Very well said! I love your point about people being mad about a team standing in an individual's way.

3 hours ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I do not know what is the big deal? I do not blame Lebron for leaving to go to the Lakers after carrying the team on his back to the Finals almost every year, I however hope he stays with Cavaliers, I do not want to see Lakers become good again 

So you're one of those that believes LeBron has never had help?

2 hours ago, KRISH10 said:

If all else fails with the Kemble/Lonzo stuff I think I've talked myself into IT for 1 year at a high price if that's what it takes ala Jeff Green's contract. Gives him a chance to start and prove his worth while giving us an offensive threat for a year until next years draft. 

I would be all about bringing Isaiah Thomas on board.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Why would Thomas be good for anyone's development?

Probably because he could take a lot of pressure off guys who aren't top guys to be the top guy. He can take that role, and let them develop in their more natural roles.

1 hour ago, KRISH10 said:

Ramona and Brian Windhorst saying all signs pointing LBJ to the Lakers. I hope this means Lonzo will be coming here shortly 

Why would LeBron to the Lakers mean we're getting Lonzo?

And why would we even want him?

38 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I think it’s cool he’s staying. 

Anytime a small market club beats out the big market team im all for it. Good for OKC and good for PG. 

Agreed! Paul George staying in OKC gives me hope that Orlando can too once again attract free agents to come and stay, and that we can potentially build up again amidst all this big market "super team" building.

Just now, jjgator said:

What if Dallas changes their mind about signing DJ? They should do that to troll him.

I would laugh but it would be embarrassing and bad for business 

The Rockets reached an agreement to bring back Gerald Green on a one-year contract, according to Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle.

It's for the veteran minimum, so this won't affect the cap space of the Rockets. Houston will need Green to perform now because Trevor Ariza is heading down I-10 to play for the Suns, so maybe he can consistently play 20 minutes. Although, you would think the Rockets are not done.