magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, Malik Buttface said:

Speaking of torture chamber, what happened to Nicholson?

That made me lol way more than I should have. 

20 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

What’s wrong with his character? Because he broke bro code and got a dude who was cheating on his fiancé caught? 

I think he did the right thing but it shouldn't have become public.  Honestly, I know all NBA players sleep around with the exception of a few mature male basketball players.  Some are afraid of the cost of sleeping around with women.  Some don't care about the costs and will incur those costs no matter how much of **** it makes them look like.  I expect it of them.  Russell should have the maturity to expect this as they are sought after men with endless that can by the endless commodities that the plaque of gold digging whores crave(Bill Burr). 

I know Russell from college (lifetime buckeye fan here) and the kid is far from having character issues. He’s never remotely been in any sort of trouble and is a complete gym rat.

People are different when they are by themselves than around peers who can't judge them. I am not confident in your assessment of his character even if you talked to him face to face because you are not him.  Maybe its my on sense of paranoia but its seemingly impossible for me to trust anyone with 100 assurance ever through constant experience.  

He was actually the guy (as a freshman) that held multiple player only meetings to get the team back on track. He called out multiple players for taking practice lightly and not putting in the off-season work needed to win. Thad actually has said Russell is on of the hardest workers he ever coached. 

Well, its college where you're not getting paid but probably rewarded in benefits like free grades and under the table gifts.  I can't be sure that's D'Angelo Russell is the character you say he is now with a huge culture difference then what was in college.  I'm not sure if his motivations were just getting into the league by willing his teammates to become better.  People change constantly or brilliant at projecting the appearance or 

If you don’t like Russell as a player that’s fine but his character isn’t an issue. Maybe guys shouldn’t cheat on their fiancé’s and wives. Idk though, maybe I’m old school. 

No, you're right.  Why cheat if you're on the verge of marriage?  Why even waste the money and time to get engaged when have the intention to show your disrespect to your future intended behind their back?  Relationships are high risk now as our culture of individuals overvalue themselves or have standards that are impossible to meet.  Some just want to be a solemn; alone and with themselves.  The damage is partly on television as people try to reproduce what they see in the relationships in the media.  Anything beneath that is unacceptable and shameful.  No one wants to marry a **** or a loser to be frank. lol

i’d be ecstatic with Russell he’s an underrated passer too. 

AS the second pick in the draft, he should have some type of skill to offer.  I actually wanted the Magic to trade for Russell when he was in L.A. while they were pressuring him to become an instant sensation.  If he were traded here, he would have gotten less criticism for being a raw player.  

30 minutes ago, jec said:

Aren't you forgetting someone?

Anthony+Johnson+Orlando+Magic+v+Clevelan

Fun fact: we took the lead in the eastern conference finals game vs the Cavs in game 1 when Anthony Johnson scored a 3. 

38 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

If Kemba hates losing, he would not want to come to our Magic since Magic have a losing record for 6 years 

Well he would make us winners damn it.  He's still didn't make the playoffs with Charlotte....he can "NOT" make the playoffs here too damn it.  lol

21 minutes ago, chosen12 said:

Well, you have to admit, he was better then Chris Duhon!!!

Why would even remind of that dark period in Magic history.  

Aaand dwighty boy wants to join the warriors, can’t say I didn’t see that coming. 

Edit: anywhere is better than here. 

Just now, ~O~ said:

Why would even remind of that dark period in Magic history.  

LOL....it was dark, the point being that since the last days of Dwight and Jameer (add in a little Skip my Lou) and I think we can now see light at the end of this tunnel!