magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

22 minutes ago, Malik Buttface said:

Payton's passing fails in comparison to Lonzo's, hands down. And the knee issue apparently was old news, I'm not too worried about that. If people still believe in Jabari (in the sense of production, not stardom) with two ACL injuries I think we can take a gamble on a torn meniscus. 

Wanna guess which rookie had a higher assist %?

17 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I read something regarding Kemba attached with Batum’s bad contract for Vuch and fillers; perhaps some picks. Interesting! 

That rumor is every where, it was discussed at length yesterday on 580 ESPN. I think it is well worth a look, specifically if Kemba would sign an extension prior to arriving here. The point is, Batum is not awful, he can shoot and is a hard nose defender, but at the end of the day, if Kemba walked, all we would be left with is Batums horrible contract.  

7 minutes ago, 0rland0fan said:

We saw some of this last year.  Not good.  This is a terrible idea.  Gordon not once showed he can distribute the ball.  When the ball was in his hands, the ball stopped moving.  

Just jokes, Im not mad with Frazier but still surprised we waived Mack and didn't draft a Pg in the 2nd round

3 minutes ago, chosen12 said:

That rumor is every where, it was discussed at length yesterday on 580 ESPN. I think it is well worth a look, specifically if Kemba would sign an extension prior to arriving here. The point is, Batum is not awful, he can shoot and is a hard nose defender, but at the end of the day, if Kemba walked, all we would be left with is Batums horrible contract.  

I would still take the risk, Magic had not a great point guard since Hardaway 

3 minutes ago, chosen12 said:

I hear ya, one would hope that Kemba has a wink at Clifford on resigning, otherwise it’s a huge risk. I like it..... Batum has value and Fournier couldn’t pass him on France’s team. He’s what our fo like in versatility and length. I’ll betcha the rumor has legs.

9 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

That's fair but Lonzo has better instincts passing the ball than Payton. I'm just saying that Lonzo is better than Payton and worth the shot but I would take Kemba or Fultz over him any day.

4 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I hear ya, one would hope that Kemba has a wink at Clifford on resigning, otherwise it’s a huge risk. I like it..... Batum has value and Fournier couldn’t pass him on France’s team. He’s what our fo like in versatility and length. I’ll betcha the rumor has legs.

I hope so! The only other consideration is how hard of a hit would we take for the 2019, regarding cap space.

10 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I would still take the risk, Magic had not a great point guard since Hardaway 

Yes Sir! It is tempting.

22 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

Just jokes, Im not mad with Frazier but still surprised we waived Mack and didn't draft a Pg in the 2nd round

I agree, the fo must have a plan in place, but I to was surprised we waived Mack because he played some d at that position and DJ is limited. We will have to have at least one point guard that can defend the perimeter. 

1 hour ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Don't watch the numbers, watch actual games. Lonzo's instincts and court vision is elite. I'd take Lonzo's passing over EPs 10 out of 10 times.

2 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Don't watch the numbers, watch actual games. Lonzo's instincts and court vision is elite. I'd take Lonzo's passing over EPs 10 out of 10 times.

No doubt, Ball is a better assist guy, but neither really play defense, and I would much rather deal with EP's Dad, than Balls!!!

Just saying my friend.

11 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

I don't really care what it looks like if it doesn't translate to results. This isn't a knock on Lonzo. Payton has very good passing instincts.

Honestly, I think Lonzo probably is a better passing PG prospect than Payton. My point is simply that he isn't on some wholly different level. I think Payton's assists are somewhat inflated by his fear of shooting because he can't and fear of driving because he can't hit FTs if he gets fouled. I think Lonzo is similar, except he's less terrified to call his own number. So I give Lonzo the benefit of the doubt that he's a somewhat better passer. But Payton taught me not to trust defensive potential in a PG, only production, and to understand the limitations of a PG who can't hit shots, even FTs. I'll talk myself into Ball if we trade for him, but I don't want him at this point. Too many flaws for this flawed offensive team to cover for, in my opinion.