magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

4 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

if we trade our big white man to the hornets for walker the Magic Redditt might explode

Im going to assume my down vote was from someone with no contextual understanding of this possible Armageddon 

• Upvote 1

That Kemba trade would be a bad move, especially if we take on Batum. It 'd be like the Ibaka deal all over again.

I think the best thing for us to do is to continue to build from the draft, and wait for the right deals to present itself. There no need to rush the process.

2 minutes ago, Shine88 said:

That Kemba trade would be a bad move, especially if we take on Batum. It 'd be like the Ibaka deal all over again.

I think the best thing for us to do is to continue to build from the draft, and wait for the right deals to present itself. There no need to rush the process.

The worst case scenario is kemba leaves. We wouldn't be giving up anything of value besides cap space. There's a rush but the risk is minimal

Re: Zo Ball

Apparently, Ramona Shelbourn saying it was the Ball camp that leaked this now. Injury is old and he's already rehabbing it, on the court. Laker fans aren't worried.

Lol @ Lavar. I really wasn't worrying about dad, but wow. 

1 hour ago, Shine88 said:

Kemba is a 2x All Star and lead scorer at a glaring position of need. 

Ibaka was a declining role player that we put next to two other Cs.

• Upvote 1

Let's say we somehow get Kemba Walker and Lebron goes West. I would push hard for a Lenoard trade (Isaac, Picks and fillers). A group of Kemba, Batum, Lenoard, Gordon and Bamba should bring us at least to the ECF.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

The worst case scenario is kemba leaves. We wouldn't be giving up anything of value besides cap space. There's a rush but the risk is minimal

He leaves. We lose our pick. We’re stuck with Batum for two more years. Our cap situation becomes even worse. And we have even less flexibility to make moves. Even if he stays you’re looking at a max contract of 5 years and up to $150 mil. That’s almost half your cap space on Walker and Batum, then add Gordon and Fournier and eventually Isaac. That team is capped to luxury tax and beyond, and at best a 5th seed. 

You’re better off letting Vuc and Ross expire, moving Biyombo with a minor pick, and selling Orlando to Kemba as a free agent. Even if you strike out on Walker you got Bledsoe, Rozier, even Irving to go after. 

I do kind of like the idea of waiting for Kemba. If we scrap into the 8th seed with the young guns and DJ/Some random vet as our 2 PGs that could be enough to sell him that we're young improving and an all star PG away from being a top 4 seed. Not sure if we'd have cap space to sign him out right but even if not I'd rather give up a pick to move Biyombo knowing were getting Kemba for a few years rather than just for 1.

I guess it depends how much wed have to give up for Kemba now.

There's definitely an interesting summer ahead.

4 hours ago, matthi32 said:

Let's say we somehow get Kemba Walker and Lebron goes West. I would push hard for a Lenoard trade (Isaac, Picks and fillers). A group of Kemba, Batum, Lenoard, Gordon and Bamba should bring us at least to the ECF.

Not a terrible idea, but there's a chance they both leave in a year and we're sad all over again

1 hour ago, Ibn Battuta said:

He leaves. We lose our pick. We’re stuck with Batum for two more years. Our cap situation becomes even worse. And we have even less flexibility to make moves. Even if he stays you’re looking at a max contract of 5 years and up to $150 mil. That’s almost half your cap space on Walker and Batum, then add Gordon and Fournier and eventually Isaac. That team is capped to luxury tax and beyond, and at best a 5th seed. 

You’re better off letting Vuc and Ross expire, moving Biyombo with a minor pick, and selling Orlando to Kemba as a free agent. Even if you strike out on Walker you got Bledsoe, Rozier, even Irving to go after. 

Disagree